Remains of US Contractors Found in Iraq

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

By MATT APUZZO,AP
Posted: 2008-03-24 17:56:21
Filed Under: Iraq News, World News

WASHINGTON (March 24) - Authorities have recovered the remains of two U.S. contractors who were kidnapped in Iraq more than a year ago, the FBI said Monday.

The men were among six Western contractors kidnapped in separate incidents. Their disappearance received new attention earlier this month when the severed fingers of several men were sent to the U.S. military in Iraq.

The FBI identified the contractors Monday as Ronald Withrow of Roaring Springs, Texas, and John Roy Young of Kansas City, Mo.

Withrow worked for JPI Worldwide when he was kidnapped in January 2007. Young worked for Crescent Security Group when he was kidnapped in November 2006.

story
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

RIP

~S~
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RIP Warriors...
God be with your souls....

Fuck you Hadji...you fucking fuck.

.02 worth
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

damn...damn...damn....
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

If there's ever been a war in which you did not want to be captured it is this one. Not because you'd suffer more than in any of the other one's but because the outlook for surviving the capture instead of showing up on a propaganda DVD are basically zero.

Rest in Peace, guys.
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

That sucks but you knew it was bound to end this way. R.I.P. guys.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

Nomad wrote:If there's ever been a war in which you did not want to be captured it is this one. Not because you'd suffer more than in any of the other one's but because the outlook for surviving the capture instead of showing up on a propaganda DVD are basically zero.

Rest in Peace, guys.
They are going to be in a propaganda video, as a recruitment aid.. how to.. something, but still end up dead.

Fuck hadji.

R.I.P.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

RIP, guys.

I hate to be a racist asshole, but fuck those fucking Muslims, all of them. There's no middle ground with them, no live/let live; it's us or them. It is beyond me why every westerner cannot see this.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:RIP, guys.

I hate to be a racist asshole, but fuck those fucking Muslims, all of them. There's no middle ground with them, no live/let live; it's us or them. It is beyond me why every westerner cannot see this.
It's not all of them and to state that is ignorant. There are plenty of them who help us. We would never be where we are at successwise without plenty of brave Iraqis putting their lives and the lives of their families at stake for helping us.

Are the majority not really emotionally invested in America's well being? Probably not, but then again most people in America really don't give a shit if there's a major earthquake in Pakistan either or a flood in Indonesia or whether another homicide bomber ran into a packed market to detonate himself.

Furthermore, I also wouldn't start tossing Maghreb Arab muslims in the same category as I would a sub-Saharan muslim. Or Sunnis and Shiites.

Over-generalization and -simplification do nothing but further undermine the efforts that have been made by ALL to make this a better place.

Nothing changes over night. Nor do people's opinions. Or feelings. But given enough time and effort, the end result may be just be a shining success.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Nomad wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:RIP, guys.

It's not all of them and to state that is ignorant. There are plenty of them who help us. We would never be where we are at successwise without plenty of brave Iraqis putting their lives and the lives of their families at stake for helping us.

Are the majority not really emotionally invested in America's well being? Probably not, but then again most people in America really don't give a shit if there's a major earthquake in Pakistan either or a flood in Indonesia or whether another homicide bomber ran into a packed market to detonate himself.

Furthermore, I also wouldn't start tossing Maghreb Arab muslims in the same category as I would a sub-Saharan muslim. Or Sunnis and Shiites.

Over-generalization and -simplification do nothing but further undermine the efforts that have been made by ALL to make this a better place.

Nothing changes over night. Nor do people's opinions. Or feelings. But given enough time and effort, the end result may be just be a shining success.
I know, you're right. That's just how I feel sometimes, even though I know I shouldn't.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

R.I.P. Warriors.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”