set the record straight

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Good on you for manning up and comming clean, but I have a question. You said that you told people that you went, does that mean that you also wore the coveted Black and Gold?
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

There is no forgiveness. I don't know your motivation for coming clean after all these years, but somehow I feel it was not of your own accord. Nor do I know how long you perpetuated your myth, but after one second it was too long. Stupid kid? No. You just could not face the truth. You should have manned up to your commander if you had half the respect for him that you say you did. You must do the only right thing, face the music and inform him now. Anthing less is nothing but disrespect for him and a continued admittance of moral cowardice and fakery.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

3blasts wrote:I said that I was a STUPID kid, not a CRAZY kid. It never went further than lip service with me.

You are a bit vauge..... The way I am reading this thread, you have been telling people you are a Ranger, Is that correct?

If so, You've just come out in this thread and admitted to a Federal crime on an open and very popular and very public Ranger web site.
Did you realize that even verbally saying you've earned a Ranger Tab is protected by Federal Law now?

According to the STOLEN VALOR ACT

Section 704 of title 18, United States Code:

(b) False Claims About Receipt of Military Medals- Whoever falsely represents himself or herself, verbally or in writing, to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.';

Let me get this straight, Is this what you are telling me? Are you actually telling me you've lived a lie for about twenty years and earned the Ranger Tab? Is that what you're telling me? You've actually stood by and watched (while enjoying the bragging rights) while braver men than you have died attempting to earn this coveted title and dozens more actual Rangers have died in combat protecting your very freedom to be an asshole? Is that what you are telling me?

And now you want a clear concience by saying a simple 'sorry guys' and that makes it all ok?

I'll tell you how to get that clear concience you are looking for, bud.
Contact the proper authorities and turn yourself in.

They may punish you, they may fine you. You may serve time in a Federal Prison.

Or they may just slap your wrist and tell you "Don't do it again...."

Are you willing to man up to this? Or are you just the chicken shit coward I think you may be?

As they used to say.... ARE YOU A MAN OR A MOUSE?

Do you want to make the call, or do you want one of us to help you turn your self in?

Or are you going to run away now for another twenty years.....?

oh..... BTW, welcome to the site! :D
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Opinions on your actions, both the perpetuated lie and coming clean will vary. Personally, I say good on you. You served. Im good with that. You told the truth and came clean. Good with that as well. Not sure why you decided to do this but, soul cleansing doesnt need a reason. Drive on. It's between you and the Great Ranger now.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Although I do give some credit to you FINALLY admitting it, bottom line, a poser is a poser. Period.

I'm not judging you, but you HAVE entered MY patrol base with your admissions, so I can only assume you are reading our remarks.

Be thankful you didn't kill or seriously injure some innocent victim when YOU decided to drink then decided to drive.

My .02
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

It took some cajones to come here and admit what you did. Kudos for that. It baffles me though, that someone would enlist and serve this country...which in itself is noble....and then embellish it by claiming to be more. You're a veteran of the greatest army in the world. Be proud of that.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: set the record straight

Post by cams »

I have the utmost respect for your Brotherhood and never meant anything malicious by it. I've even gone to knuckles on a couple of occasions on behalf of it.

Can you explain this statement further? Does this mean that others have called you out and you got into a fight over it?
I've never defamed the good name of a Ranger either before his face nor behind his back.
Yes you have. The minute you pretended to be a Ranger.
I did this as a stupid kid who was too afraid that a good man whom he looked up to would lose respect for him, nothing else. Like I said, it's been over 20 years, but you guys deserve to know and I am obligated to tell.
What has brought this about now? I'm curious. Has someone recently called you on it and/or mentioned our site? How did you come to find us here and/or how long have you been lurking around here?

I give you credit for coming clean, but I think there's more behind this than you're own mental health.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

is there a back story on this clown?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Kick him in the fucking balls.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

If you are truly sorry, you will write this in letter form and submit it to all of the people you told this lie too and then you will find that Commander you drove for and tell him what you did as well. Coming on here is not exactly the way to clean your conscience since I doubt any of us know you. Bearing your heart in anonymity to a bunch of strangers is not really a valid way to get past this lie in your life, you need to feel pain to find salvation from your lies.

Personally I haven't got a clue why you would come here and say this shit unless you were running for office or some public position and about to be investigated.

Thanks for serving this great country and fuck off for being a coward with no intestinal fortitude. Chances are you would have never made it through Ranger school anyway.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Kick him in the fucking balls.

Ah.. Kick him in the balls.... pick his ass up and let him leave on his own accord. It's wrong to say he was...at least (as he states) he was not wearing the shit around and posing other than stories.

Who here has not said a bullshit "BTDT" sotry? This is what this is, (20 year fucking long) but its over.. Mark him down, put him on the wall or whatever.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

Return to “Introduction Archive”