Congress holds hearings on foundations raising money 4 Vet's

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Bugsy
Ranger

Congress holds hearings on foundations raising money 4 Vet's

Post by Bugsy »

Its stories like this that make me sometimes wanna slap the crap outta the assholes who live like kings at the expense of Veterans (and who don't give a crap about them either).

Even ex. SF Col. Cook wasn't aware of the abuses (at least I'd like to think he wasn't).

Full story
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

While I can understand that the cost of radio and television advertsing for organizations like Purple Heart is necessary and expesive, but lavish frist class travel and stays at luxury hotels are not, nor are glitzy parties. But what really gets me is the fact that there is even a need for charities to help veterans. Veterans should never be charity cases in the first place. I do not know if it is true, but it sometimes seems to me the government provides better welfare benefits than it does veteran benefits. As a country, we need to do a much better job of paying the debt we owe to those who have served.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Ranger Bill wrote: but it sometimes seems to me the government provides better welfare benefits than it does veteran benefits. As a country, we need to do a much better job of paying the debt we owe to those who have served.
x2
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"

Return to “The News Dump”