Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

[quote]There are many goals I hope to accomplish by joining the elite ranks of the Army Rangers. One Goal is that I want to help my Country. When I am old, I want to be able to tell people that I helped the United States become the great nation it is today. A good way to do this is by serving in the Military, where you're not only helping the USA but other Countries and peoples as well. The Army Rangers is a good choice in my soon to be military career because it will be a challenge for me. I plan to be at the best physical condition I will ever be in when I join. I am working on getting a great PFT score and be physically ready for the training it takes to become a Ranger. Then when I'm done with all the training I will work on beating your PFT scores(haha). I also hope that I can make a career out of the military, I know some people who have done this and they told me they enjoy every day of their life. Also, the military will give me a chance to see the world. May not be the “funâ€
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

squadaw0311

Post by Steadfast »

squadaw0311 wrote:
Jim wrote:
OK, not too bad, a couple minor errors, but an acceptable beginning. Well , as I'm almost 64, I hope you can beat my PT score. Don't commit yourself to a career just yet. You have a long life ahead of you. Never, never quit!!!
Ya I am not saying that this is what I am going to do for sure. It is just that I am really interested in it and am now training for it so if i do decide this is for me I will be ready for the challenge.

QRT was here

squadaw0311, this is how your response should have looked when addressing all Ranger's properly:

Ranger Jim, I am not saying that this is what I am going to do for sure. It is just that I am really interested in it and am now training for it so if i do decide this is for me I will be ready for the challenge.

I suggest you re-read the PM's sent by Ranger Bill & DEP Moderator Copperhead & square yourself away before posting again.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

so, just what does your screee name mean?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

squadaw0311 wrote:
KW Driver wrote:so, just what does your screee name mean?
Ranger KW Driver, my screen name means Squad Automatic Weapon. I use to think light machineguns were the coolest thing in the world, and i loved the noise of them when I was a little kid. So I just figured that to be an adequate screen name. Also the 0311 part is from a friend of the family that was killed in Iraq. His MOS was Rifleman which happens to be 0311.
Here's the difference between the world you're in and the world you want to be in...you have never fired a SAW nor are you a US Marine.
But it's cool. Right?
No harm no foul so far. Perhaps a request to drop the 0311 from your user name would be an appropriate courtesy to our Marine brethren since that particular credential has not yet been earned.
I'm certain you get my point.
We are aware that you intend to honor a friend rather than mis-lead.

Perhaps you might put some thought into this for us.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

as the Kilted one alluded to...

and at least you knew what you ment. the M249, Squad Automatic Weapon is abbreviated SAW in the Army. pretty sure the Marine Corps does it the same way. at least the manuals we share say so. and I'm glad you weren't trying to say you wanted to be a Ranger with an Army MOS of 0311.

keep your nose clean and you may get the chance to live your dreams.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

squadaw0311 wrote:Rangers, I am not sure how to change my username if you could tell me how it would be a great help. Thank you.
Send a PM to me with a name you'd like..
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

JBadyl wrote:Ranger Steadfast,
Sorry for forgetting to put Ranger in front of your username in my last reply. I am still trying to get use to it.
We don't care about the meaning behind the new name. It's a good goddamn thing you caught your mistake in addressing Ranger Steadfast since of all members of this board the MEN of his generation garnish respect above all others.

Fuck trying to get used to it...just fucking do it.

Don't respond to this. It's now time for you to keep your mouth shut and start using the search button and read, read, read.

If you want to learn we will teach you but we are not here to swap social banter and cute nick-names with you.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Kilted Heathen wrote:We don't care about the meaning behind the new name. It's a good goddamn thing you caught your mistake in addressing Ranger Steadfast since of all members of this board the MEN of his generation garnish respect above all others.

Fuck trying to get used to it...just fucking do it.

Don't respond to this. It's now time for you to keep your mouth shut and start using the search button and read, read, read.

If you want to learn we will teach you but we are not here to swap social banter and cute nick-names with you.
Ranger Kilted Heathen,
It looks like you've gone soft in my absence. That was much nicer than I remember. :D
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€

Return to “Introduction Archive”