Intro-Civilian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Rett wrote:Ranger RTO,
I want to go Ranger, but not right off the bat. I want 11X and ABN in my contract, then gain some experience with a standard airborne unit, the apply for RIP later on.
Try to get to Batt first. Of course, if you don't make RIP then you'll go to a regular unit anyways...

Good on you for addressing the members properly. May seems to be a good month so far.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Rett wrote:I am not trying to argue with you either, but YOU must have NOT read the stickies.

Statement as follows:

3) Must score a minimum of 50 of the asvab with a GT score of 110. THE HIGHER THE BETTER. the GT score may be waived by 2 points (108). the ASVAB score may not. STUDY.
Both of you shut the fuck up. Take your bullshit to PM's.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

I will be off to the MEPS in San Antonio to be evaluated for military service tomorrow, hopefully to return with a 11X/OPT40 contract. I would just like to say thank you for this invaluable tool you Rangers have for wanna-be's like me. I have gained more knowledge from this site than I would have any where else. Again, thank you.

-Rett
"Excellence is a habit, which develops through discipline."

25th ID (Stryker) - HHC 3/21 IN
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Rett wrote:I will be off to the MEPS in San Antonio to be evaluated for military service tomorrow, hopefully to return with a 11X/OPT40 contract. I would just like to say thank you for this invaluable tool you Rangers have for wanna-be's like me. I have gained more knowledge from this site than I would have any where else. Again, thank you.

-Rett
I'll be interested to hear the results of how the piranahs treated him once he got to MEPS.

Can't blame a guy for stepping into the breach, but my gut tells me best case scenario, Jump School. I hope I'm wrong.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Ranger Bill »

Rett wrote:... hopefully to return with a 11X/OPT40 contract.
-Rett
Welcome. You have been told several times to get this "hopeful" and "if" stuff out of your thinking if you ever want to be a Ranger. Rangers and those aspiring to be Rangers do. If you do not get a can do, will do, will not fail attitude now you shot of becoming a Ranger will vanish before your eyes. Insist of on waiver if you need it for your GT.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Well, my knee, which I thought would be my biggest problem, considering I had ACL reconstructive surgery, was not. My PULHES was 211111, because my blood pressure and pulse was elevated (I was pretty nervous and excited). I don't know, but I am in the best physical shape I have been in years. My stamina is great, running has improved, along with my pushups and situps. They are sending me to a cardiologist for some tests, which should disprove any complications with my heart, because I have none, nor have I ever been diagnosed in the past. I will just have to wait and see.

I do have one question though, if this problem requires a waiver, can I still get an Option 40? Sorry for the drawn out display of my bitching, but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Feet elevated, and pushing Rangers.

-Rett

42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Rett wrote:Well, my knee, which I thought would be my biggest problem, considering I had ACL reconstructive surgery, was not. My PULHES was 211111, because my blood pressure and pulse was elevated (I was pretty nervous and excited). I don't know, but I am in the best physical shape I have been in years. My stamina is great, running has improved, along with my pushups and situps. They are sending me to a cardiologist for some tests, which should disprove any complications with my heart, because I have none, nor have I ever been diagnosed in the past. I will just have to wait and see.

I do have one question though, if this problem requires a waiver, can I still get an Option 40? Sorry for the drawn out display of my bitching, but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

-Rett
Who are you talking to? The last person to address you was Ranger Bill, a Ranger for the past 37+ years.

If you're talking to all of us in general, then my reply is STFU.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Rett wrote:Well, my knee, which I thought would be my biggest problem, considering I had ACL reconstructive surgery, was not. My PULHES was 211111, because my blood pressure and pulse was elevated (I was pretty nervous and excited). I don't know, but I am in the best physical shape I have been in years. My stamina is great, running has improved, along with my pushups and situps. They are sending me to a cardiologist for some tests, which should disprove any complications with my heart, because I have none, nor have I ever been diagnosed in the past. I will just have to wait and see.

-Rett
Maybe not for that...(my pussy itched a little while I was sitting there...but it ain't syphillis or nothin'....) but just for being a non attention paying, lack of respecting piece of shit....I'd say...go Artillary...Pull the cord baby...somebody has to.....best of luck cockholster.....

(Damn that was wrong in so many ways.....but then again....get the fuck down!!!!!!!!!)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Rangers,

I know this post is straight out of the blue, and I was a complete ass about not responding to someone who personally addressed me. For that, I apologize. I just graduated OSUT November 16th and am on leave. I never secured a Ranger contract, and I couldnt wait because I had to get out of the shit hole town I was in before I got in more trouble. But none the less the information I obtained through this site the past 3.5 years I've lurked, has helped me become who I need to be, and I greatly appreciate it. I will be going to Fort Wainwright...then to the desert soon enough I'm sure. But I will not give up on earning my Tan Beret and Ranger Tab. Once again, thank you all.

Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Let me correct my mistake before I catch heat...What I meant to say is earning THE Tan Beret and Ranger Tab....sorry for the double post...
But I will not give up on earning my Tan Beret and Ranger Tab

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

There is great honor in serving our country!

Thanks for your service.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Rett

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats Rett on completing OSUT.

Your title has been upgraded to US Army & you may select an avatar of your choice.

In the future let us know how you progress in the military & post any schools you attend in the Letters from School forum viewforum.php?f=62
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for your enlistment and completion of OSUT.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: ,

Post by cams »

cams wrote:
Chiron wrote:
Rett wrote:Ranger RTO,
I want to go Ranger, but not right off the bat. I want 11X and ABN in my contract, then gain some experience with a standard airborne unit, the apply for RIP later on.

And the knee, they did a pretty damn good job on it. The surgery did require a screw, but I've been told it's nothing that can't be waived. I'll just have to wait until I go to MEPS and get it evaluated.

As for the PT, I haven't been running so much, other than playing basketball, but I've been riding a bike 10-15 miles to tone my quad and calf back up. And the pushups, I fail around 65, and situps around 68, but I am working to improve those.
Welcome.

If you can get an 11x option 40 then why not go for it. Don't you think that by learning from Rangers from the beginning it would be better? I always think that the mould should be made right the first time. That is just a thought so good luck.
X2. Don't be scared....... :lol: :twisted:
Told ya not to be scared. Enjoy life as a leg. :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”