Capellanus SITREP (Ft. Drum)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Capellanus
Ranger

Capellanus SITREP (Ft. Drum)

Post by Capellanus »

Well Rangers and fellow Warriors the phone call finally came.

On 9 August 2007 I received a phone call from the USA Chaplaincy accessioning officer, Chaplain (MAJ) Keith Goode. He informed me that the family and I will report to the 10th Mountain Division located at Fort Drum, NY located here http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/local/

This will be our first duty assignment as a AD Army Chaplain. I guess I get to be a cherry all over again :oops: :cry: but this time I am bringing a battle buddy :lol: and some young hooahs :D

The time has finally come to depart Springfield and the Missouri Army National Guard (MOARNG). We recently sold and closed on our house and are currently living in a rental for the month of August. We plan to remain in Springfield through August and begin our journey to Ft. Drum on 29 August 2007.

Jennie and I are ecstatic of what the LORD has in store for us. James (3yrs) is excited too but has no idea of the winter ahead of him. And Bryan (16m), well, he is happy as long as he is with us, has some food, a clean diaper and his brother to pick on.

We plan to make two pit stops. First, we will stop and visit our 5 nephews and niece in Gaston, NC and stay through 4 Sept. Perhaps we can link-up with some of you either enroute or in NC?

Then, on 5 September, we will begin our journey to Ft. Drum but stop at my Uncle and Aunt's home in Stevens, PA. From there, we will head due north to Ft. Drum, NY. I am looking forward to teaching my boys to rock climb (Oh course I will prepare a Risk Assessment). I here the mountains are beautiful up there.

I am expected to report on September 10th and be assigned to a unit at that time. As always, everything in the military is subject to change. Therefore, nothing is definitive until I receive copies of my Orders.

I have never been to Ft. Drum so any intel would be greatly appreciated.

Are any of you currently at Ft. Drum? We are asking God for on-post housing and believe He will come through.

I will give ya all a BUB when I get my ORD. Until then, see ya on the boards.
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Awesome news, Sir! Congratulations on your new assignment. I know from your posts here that between you & God, those young soldiers will be in GREAT hands.

Keep us posted on your progress and keep posting here, this place just ain't the same when you're not around.... :wink:
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

I did many years at Ft Drum, was a member of a great little Baptist Church out the back gate.

Hate to break the news to you, there are no mountains at 10th Mountain (I know, doesn't make a lot of sense). You have to head 3 hours east to hit Mountains (Lake Placid area).

There is housing that is off the post, so there is chance you can get housing, but still have to drive onto post.

PM any questions.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You will have a challenging aiisinment. Fodspeed Chaplain.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

I've never been anywhere so cold in my life... and that was in March.

Buy lots of fleece for the munchkins, teach them how to play hockey.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Lets see. Fort Drum is what you make it...yea right. STILL sucks. But, Im sure you will find it OK fine. Do well O messenger of GRITS...... 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

summers are nice. all three weeks of 'em.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

KW Driver wrote:summers are nice. all three weeks of 'em.
Are those weeks consecutive, Ranger KW Driver?
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Congrats!

I will take a look at the time frame and distance to from Bragg to Gaston, maybe we can do a family chow together.
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Whoa Bro'
Gaston is a bit of a hump from Bragg....... :cry:
but who knows.
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Checking back in.

I am filling out the pre-app now. I was told that I can expect a 30 day wait for housing to open up on post but am believing God to shorten it to two weeks.

I am currently attending CAST (Chaplain Anual Sustainment Training). Topic: Religious Suport in the JIIM Enviornment. I haven't had much time to connect to Email or ArmyRanger.com.

I will keep you updated and PM me any contacts or persons any of you want me to pay a special pastoral visit.

BTW: JIIM=Join Interagency, Intergovernmental, Multinational.
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”