Health Issues

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
ccorla
Egg

Health Issues

Post by ccorla »

Well, I was diagnosed with asthma as a chile (3 yrs of age).

I was wondering if by any chance this will hurt my chances of even getting into ranger training?

I am currently in higschool, physically in shape and can run 45 minutes non-stop. Asthma has not been an issue for me at all during my life (I was diagnosed with it though).
I tried to get into the ask a recruiter chat at goarmy.com but it wouldn't load.
If someone could help me i would appreciate it.
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Hello ccorla, you should post an introduction before you post anymore. Here is the correct forum: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=35
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Like a Habanero, or like a Jalapeno?
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

take a Pulmonary Function Test through your doctor, get your records and go to your recruiter. do exactly what he tells you.

be prepared for a medical waiver because more than likely you will have to get one. if that happens, you can NOT get an OP40 contract.

are you prepared to serve if that's the case? think about that long and hard before you go down. i think you'll make the right choice and be part of the Team anyway. we need you, brother.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Spartan wrote:Like a Habanero, or like a Jalapeno?
maybe it's "Voodoo Chile" by Jimi Hendrix...
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde

Return to “Recruitment Process”