Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

STOP. Right now. Just S T O P. Or as Scuba Wino would say, " Freeze Mother Fucker ! "

This is NOT military.com

This is NOT the Marine Corps. ( No disrespect intended. )

This is NOT your play ground, young man, and it's not high school.

If you showed up at a Ranger Battalion acting like this, your ass would be serving in a weather ballon station in Gnome, Alaska in one day.

If you truely desire to become a Ranger, then read ALOT and post very, very, very little.

Good luck.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Dafid Ranger wrote:
Guess the Corps don't get Theirs.................
That was funny!

Welcome youngster, thank you for pulling your head out!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

KW Driver wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:What the FUCK are they feeding these kids these days?
September babies...

Copy......

When I was young I read and researched everything I could about spec ops....there was no internet in those days.

One day when I was 16 a SEAL came into the "Wendy's" I was working at. We started talking because he had a Special Forces book under his arm. Long story short, I bought the man dinner and picked his brain for 2 1/2 hours. Thankfully I had done a lot of prior reading so I didn't waste his time and ask moronic questions.

Thankfully, he steered me away from the SEALs...he told me of all the guys the Teams were losing to hairdryer accidents....no one told the poor souls they weren't waterproof!
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

KW Driver wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:What the FUCK are they feeding these kids these days?
September babies...
They're serving babies in school cafeterias now? Man, I need to get a teaching degree.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Elliot. I'm 19, a high school graduate, and currently enrolled in community college. I'm in pursuit of a military career, as it's what I've wanted, ever since I was young. I'm going to join the Army, and secure myself an 11X Option 40 contract. Until I enter DEPs and ship out, I will be working to improve my endurance and APFT score.

I yet to administer myself an APFT, but have done a Marine Corps PFT. I will administer myself an APFT next Monday, and post the results.
Good recovery. Welcome to the site and good luck in your mission in becoming a Ranger.
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site.

Decent 2nd intro, but you aint out of the woods yet.

You said you had taken a Marine P.T. test. What were your results?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. Post the results of that Marine PT test.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

kidRiot wrote:Rangers,

My current Marine Corps PFT is:

Sit Ups: 87
Pull Ups: 17
3 Mile Run: 25 minutes

I am pretty sure I can pull off a decent push up score.
I'm pretty sure that I can pull off a back flip on a dirt bike, but I won't know for sure until I do it.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

The difference between military.com and ArmyRanger.com is huge.

As is the difference between your first post and your corrected intro.

The men of this site and other NCO's serving in the military want to show you how to be a young MAN, not a teeny bopper "yo yo yo dog" on myspace, hence the harshness you may run into at any corner. This only goes to strengthen our military, our country and our children in the future.

Sometimes it takes a beating (verbally) to wake you the fuck up, correct some laziness issue's and show you how to have some self-respect and pride in even the smallest of tasks'. (E.G. typing an intro)

Read as much as you can here, post very little unless a Ranger has asked you a direct question.

Two Rangers have already asked you to post your PT scores, they want to see first what they have to work with.

Remember, these men do this on their own time.

They don't get paid, they don't get gifts. They do it because they know Rangers are America's best hope for survival, some of the best men this world has ever seen, and they are helping to carry on that bloodline by assisting you in your journey.

This is the nicest you will ever see me, don't make it be for naught fucker.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Parkie
Ranger

Post by Parkie »

cams wrote:This is the nicest you will ever see me, don't make it be for naught fucker.
He's right about that, so don't fuck up. Read more, post less and get the APFT done.
03-99 RS
99-00 3-6 CAV (Korea)
00-02 3-6 FA, 10th Mtn (Kosovo)
02-05 3-62 FA & 1-5 CAV, 1st CAV (Iraq)

"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely." Rodin (1840-1919)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Elliott, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Sadly, you failed initially, but appear to be trying to catch up. That's the was life is. And that's one of the prime reasons armyranger.com exists: to help prepare young men, like yourself, for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. We do this because we want you to understand what you are in for. If you enlist for an Option -40, you are guaranteed an opportunity to attend airborne school and the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) following OSUT. If you successfully complete these courses of instruction, you will be assigned to one of the Ranger Battalions. Believe me it will be easier to get into a battalion than it will be to stay there. If you are successful, you may walk away after a few years of service a changed man. Frankly, it is one of the few institutions left that a man earns his place every day. A number of very tough, talented, and dedicated Rangers have given you great guidance. Don't waste this opportunity. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Decent recovery, though you forgot one word in there. It would be best for you to begin paying some serious attention to detail from here on out.

Comparing this site to Military.com is impossible, since we do not operate as a commercial entity. We also verify our members and have moderators and administrators who dedicate time and effort to managing the site.

We do not spell like 6th grade retards on this site. Yes, there will always be those who are challenged with the English grammar, but feel free to tell them that once you are at the very least on a peer level with them. Furthermore, I would gladly go to any hot-spot in the world with these men - you however haven't earned anyone's trust at this point. It will be a lot of blood, sweat and tears before anyone will recognize you as a steadfast member of our brotherhood.

As has been said before, read the FAQ's and stickies, address the members by their respective titles and don't waste our time. If you are here to learn, you will be given every opportunity and resource necessary to successfully prepare yourself for the road ahead.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, and good luck.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”