Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. You want to become a Ranger? This site will help you. Take the hundreds of years of combined Ranger advice on this site and learn from those that have gone before you.
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

Dropped out of school: Check
Law infractions: Check
109 GT score: Check

You've definately got what it takes to be"elite", kid.

For Christ's sake, you were born in the same tiny hospital I was. Now tighten up your shot group, and learn from your mistakes.

No need to reply. Just read...and and more importantly..learn.
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

Scoty wrote:Dropped out of school: Check
Law infractions: Check
109 GT score: Check

You've definately got what it takes to be"elite", kid.

For Christ's sake, you were born in the same tiny hospital I was. Now tighten up your shot group, and learn from your mistakes.

No need to reply. Just read...and more importantly..learn.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

is there any way to uncapitolize this goofball's name, he's just not that important.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Rangerguru wrote:is there any way to uncapitolize this goofball's name, he's just not that important.
You mean like me and CHUCKCOOLEY? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

RTO wrote:
Rangerguru wrote:is there any way to uncapitolize this goofball's name, he's just not that important.
You mean like me and CHUCKCOOLEY? :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's earned the right to be loud
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rick, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Sadly, you have failed. My concern is that so far in your young life you have failed to complete a number of things; not the least of which is to graduate from high school. Although the standards for enlisting in the Army may have slipped, I proud to say that the 75th Ranger Regiment has continued to maintain a high standard. Quite frankly, it is up to you to earn a place. The Ranger Regiment has been successful for a number of years without you, and I suspect that it will continue to exist without your presence. The requirements you need to achieve for entry have been laid out for you. If you can achieve them, you will be afforded the opportunity to earn your place; if not -- so be it.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Not too late, but you better get your shit together real quick or life might just spit you out!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
ElectRick

Post by ElectRick »

Rangers, thank you for your support. i have read about 90% of the FAQs but there is no way i can afford college with bills and such but maybey i can still have the satisfaction of going Airborne. i just hope that when i get money for college i can still go for the Rangers. im not trying to act like a hardass or nothing but i know i could make it through PT just obviously not the qualification obstacles right now.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

ELECTRICK wrote:Rangers, thank you for your support. i have read about 90% of the FAQs but there is no way i can afford college with bills and such but maybey i can still have the satisfaction of going Airborne. i just hope that when i get money for college i can still go for the Rangers. im not trying to act like a hardass or nothing but i know i could make it through PT just obviously not the qualification obstacles right now.
Here's a hint......

Go......back.........to High School!!

The Army can wait until you graduate from school..........Seriously!!

Here's a little "been there done that" for you.....

I was a Senior in High School. I would have graduated early(Feb '82) because of credits earned. I was working a full time 2nd shift job due to financial reasons for me and my mother (to survive). I ended up sleeping late all the time and missing to much school, so I ended up getting expelled my senior year. At the time, it served a purpose(we ate and some bills got paid), but I realized later that year that it screwed me, so I went back and graduated the following year in '83. I don't regret working, and I damn sure don't regret going back to school and finishing what I started.......... Getting my Diploma!!!!!!

It........will........mean........more........later........on..........in........"LIFE!!"

"TRUST ME!!!"
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

your last post shows that you need to complete your formal education. Rangers don't need just strong backs. so what if you can hang physically? you must be able to think as well, to do the job.

you don't seem to have the desire to get where you need to be to be successful as a Ranger. you aren't displaying a willingness to delay your gratifacation to achieve what you say you want.

like I said, go be a Marine. I'm sure you'll do fine there and they specialize in training "strong like Bull, smart like Brick" types. Rangers and to a lesser extent even Airborne units don't have time to make you smart.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

FYI,

He's been banned for disrespecting Oto-Man. LINK

Nothing follows.

Return to “Introduction Archive”