FNG

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

Lets see if I cant screw this up again... :roll:

I have not seen bonedigger since he left Bn to go to OCS. I think that was after Foster went to OCS. I guess I am gonna have to buy a new scanner and start posting pics.
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
spanky
Ranger

Re: Thanks

Post by spanky »

FIST TEAM LTR wrote:Rangers.......Thank You. It is GD good to be among people of our ilk. I have already linked up with some old buddies. Keep those card and letters coming in. Maybe I can find the Team. I'm still looking for the Jareen Generals son I had to ween. And where are the pair of brothers???? How about that old hippie anthropolgist "Mr Stones & fuckin Bones" I have to contact some others to get on here.
I ran across something on another board several months ago that said Trundy retired as a MSG. I'll never forget when he wound up as a hung jumper and the JM kept putting guys out the door. He was a PFC at the time. I think the second or third guy that hit him finally broke him loose. Thank GRITS his parachute deployed, because I think he was out cold and couldn't have pulled the reserve. Since he wasn't seriously hurt, we put Trundy back on a bird the next day and made him jump. :lol: :lol:

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the guy that busted up his knee on Trundy's helmet when he broke him loose, but he wound up getting medically released to the 24th ID. I wound up having to send him to a court martial about a year later over there for dealing drugs. He got 2 years in the big house. Just a bad deal all around. :evil:
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Hung Jumper

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

I remember that also. I can't recall the DZ though.. Didn't SSG L.... have his reserve chute deploy in a bird and get pulled though the keyhole...? I think i fucked up his shoulder big time. Yeah, I still think about Cook putting us out over the fucking pines in a Huey one night also, yeah no shit I crossed my legs.....
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

I think it was Rock DZ on Hunter AAF. SSG L--- did have his reserve chute deploy in the door. I think that was just as I was in ROP. The stuff of legend. I've heard the story told that he busted up his head on the rear door frame, had a steel plate in there, and that it was Chaplain Gi----l that caught him on the way down. I don't know the whole truth on it. Doesn't matter. Us FOGs are allowed to embellish. :lol:
RGR Class 8-78

Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Welcome Ranger. Now that you have found the primary PB give your Ranger buddies the grid.

Blessings :)
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

You guys are confuzed. Old bastards, I swear.. :lol:

When Trundy was towed it was the jump back into Rock after the platoon trip to Florida. Trundy was not cut away, he was pulled back into the aircraft. I thought he was dead by the way his head rolled around when they got him back in. He was just out cold and bruised up. I was airlanding because I was on crutches, I screwed my ankle up on the jump into Eglin.

He was towed due to his lowering line comming loose and wrapping around the deployment bag. It was really bizarre.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

I could have sworn that the third guy out knocked him loose. At least that was the story. I didn't see it, cause I went out before he did. Isn't the jump into Florida where Fulkerson shattered his ankle?
RGR Class 8-78

FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Stones& Bones

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

I think so. I remember he was so fucking drunk one night I watched him bust his ass in the hallway on those crutches. He was a Tennessee sauce monster.
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

spanky wrote:I could have sworn that the third guy out knocked him loose. At least that was the story. I didn't see it, cause I went out before he did. Isn't the jump into Florida where Fulkerson shattered his ankle?
The third guy knocked him out... :wink:

It wasn't Florida, I had to pick what seemed to be the only stump on the dz to land. :roll: I was the only one carted off the dz. He broke his very soon after that.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Bones

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

I almost knock the fucker out. He got kinda lippy after a half bottle.
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79

Return to “Introduction Archive”