Forigers in the Army

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Swede
Embryo

Forigers in the Army

Post by Swede »

Hi. I´m a 19 year old from sweden I recently joind the swedish paratroopers. The more I read about the rangers and read articles on the internet the more facinated I becom over their skills and rspect they got whereever they go.

Is it posible for a non us citizent to try to join the 82 Airbor and then try to get in to the ranger school or do you have to be an american citizent.

Thank you::::
Swede
Embryo

Post by Swede »

Oups good start here spelld the topic wrong.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you have to possess a green card in order to join the US MILITARY.

that means you must be a legal resident of the US.

only citizens may join the 75th Ranger Regiment.

legal resident may join the 82D Airborne Division.

the citizenship process takes several years, and you have to be living in the US to start it, in most cases.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

hit_it wrote:you have to possess a green card in order to join the US MILITARY.

the citizenship process takes several years, and you have to be living in the US to start it, in most cases.
SFC hit_it, I wish you could have been my recruit! Unfortunately, he lead me to the wrong path - which was to assume I could go to regiment but completely ignore the fact that I wasn't a citizen at the time.

The fact that he was 11C - he should've know better. Agh... what was his name? I remember... it was numbnuts SSG Lopez. Or was it Martinez? Agh, I can't remember.
Last edited by FairLadyZ-CA on May 3rd, 2004, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swede
Embryo

Post by Swede »

So if you have a green card you can join tje 82 airborn but you can never be a ranger.. okej.. thank you...

I have relatives living in th US, and I lived there when I was younger to, but I´m a swedish citisent.

Is it the same for all special forces that you have to be a american citizent??
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

FairLadyZ-CA wrote:
hit_it wrote:you have to possess a green card in order to join the US MILITARY.

SFC hit_it, I wish you could have been my recruit! Unfortunately, he lead me to the wrong path - which was to assume I could go to regiment but completely ignore the fact that I wasn't a citizen at the time.

The fact that he was 11C - he should've know better. Agh... what was his name? I remember... it was numbnuts SSG Lopez. Or was it Martinez? Agh, I can't remember.
he actually may not have known. nor was it on him to make sure. the guidance counselor allowed you to have OP40. they should have seen that you were not a citizen. hell, if i were your recruiter i would have been glad you joined, i wouldn't have rocked the boat. he aparrently(sp) didn't either.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

[/quote]

The fact that he was 11C - he should've know better. Agh... what was his name? I remember... it was numbnuts SSG Lopez. Or was it Martinez? Agh, I can't remember.[/quote]

he actually may not have known. nor was it on him to make sure. the guidance counselor allowed you to have OP40. they should have seen that you were not a citizen. hell, if i were your recruiter i would have been glad you joined, i wouldn't have rocked the boat. he aparrently(sp) didn't either.[/quote]

SFC hit_it, I really appreciate you replying to the thread and giving me your imput. I know he lied every step of the way.

1. I'm sure I'll get a lot of people talking trash about this one... hahahaha but I wanted to go to Air Gliding Schools. Why Air Gliding... I'm not sure. Sounded like a lot of fun. I was ignorant and at that time (internet wasn't available like it is now). He said I could ask for those schools in my unit... what can I say, I was dumb. I found out later that that school has been DXed a long time ago...

2. I remember he wanted me to do at least 50 push-ups in order for me to get the slot to be a ranger. I did and we went through the ASVAB testing. Upon that, he was asking for all my information... or was it prior. Anyway, I gave him my high school deploma, information, college transfer, etc. PLUS he made a copy of my Brazilian Passport and a copy of my Green Card.

Return to “Recruitment Process”