ATTENTION ALL DEP's HERE IS WHERE YOU WILL POST

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Brat Attack
Ranger

Post by Brat Attack »

Ranger Odin's Underling,
The assignment you requested:
Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

Edited to add:
This is 1500 WST(my time), 1800 EST, I will be at dinner for my brother's 25th birthday. So I will not be here for the time of the assignment to be completed at 1830 for the further info. Also here is my essay for Ranger Odin's Underling as you requested:
This stanza, the first stanza in the Ranger Creed I choose because I believe it represents the other stanza’s. This stanza is very important to me, because it best sums up the entire Ranger Creed, which is a way of life. Being on DEP right now, and having volunteered for a Option 40 contract, as the stanza reads, “fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession,” exemplify the people that join the ranks of the Ranger Regiment. They are triple volunteers. They chose to volunteer for a MOS in the US Army, volunteered for Airborne Training, and lastly volunteered for the 75th Ranger Regiment.
These are the best soldiers the world has and will ever see. I wish to be apart of that tradition. By holding to the prestige and principles that make the 75th Ranger Regiment Ranger’s who they are, I will do so with gallantry and courage like those before me. This first stanza hits the nail on the head when it comes to describing a Ranger. I want nothing more to be a Ranger and serve with the pride and honor that so many before me have in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Last edited by Brat Attack on May 2nd, 2004, 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C Co. Hardrock 1/75
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Ranger Odin's Underling

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high espirit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

Hopps
Last edited by Ranger Hopps on May 2nd, 2004, 3:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

Ranger Odin's Underling, here is my stanza.
“N ever shall I fail my comrades I will keep myself physically strong, mentally alert, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then someâ€
Keep on keepin' on---Joe dirt

"Sometimes you need faith in a cause to believe in yourself."

Ranger DocDaigle is my mentor.
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Ranger Odin's Underling,

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One-hundred-percent and then some.

This is my favorite stanza of the Ranger Creed. Helping others has always been something I have enjoyed doing. I feel that failing a comrade would be much more devastating than failing myself. Knowing that other Rangers will be counting on me is what will motivate me to be the best soldier I can be. To me, the Ranger Creed what I should live my life by, regardless of whether or not I am a U.S. Army Ranger. It is a standard which I strive to live up to. The theme of never quitting can be found throughout the Ranger Creed, and this mentality is what I have learned is necessary to be a Ranger.
Last edited by Shallow Grave on May 2nd, 2004, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
Ray80
Infantryman

Post by Ray80 »

To me, the Ranger Creed represents a way of life or a code to live by. Rangers are professional, and like most professionals, they have a code.

The third stanza is the one that speaks to me the most.

[quote]“Never shall I fail my comradesâ€
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Ranger Odin's Underling, here is my favorite/most meaningful stanza:

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.

I believe this is the most important stanza in the Ranger Creed because it embodies what is required of you when you want to become and what you will need when you are a Ranger, and that is toughness. No matter how much is hurts or how tired you are, it is imperative to complete this mission. You are not some sorry ass counter-strike playing wannabe teenager who thinks he is SPECOPS, you are an Army Ranger, the best of the best, the most elite infantry unit in the world.
Last edited by Vapor Brain on May 2nd, 2004, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One hundred percent and then some.

I find this stanza of the Ranger Creed the most meaningful because as a Ranger “fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession,â€
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
chukklehed
Tadpole

The Creed

Post by chukklehed »

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Ranger Odin's Underling, I think this is the most important part of the creed. One thing that seperates Rangers and all of America's special operators from the rest is intestinal fortitude. The courage that the Rangers show is what makes them special. The Rangers attract a certain kind of man, a man that is not afraid to die for his country. Cicero said "Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." I think the Rangers do that everyday. RLTW!
Bek375
Ranger

Post by Bek375 »

I also find the third stanza to be very important...

'Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One-hundred-percent and then some.'

This is my favorite stanza because it demands that every Ranger be accountable to his fellow soldiers. While I don’t have any firsthand experience, it seems like one of the most important things in a combat situation would to be able to fully trust the other men beside you. This would be accomplished by knowing that the men surrounding you are mentally, physically, and morally prepared for any situation that you might encounter. Because of this essential trust, one must always strive for perfection in these three areas. And most importantly, one must give their all to ensure that trust.
Lotus Lips

At work and gonna get in trouble for being online but....

Post by Lotus Lips »

I am not a DEPer, just a Newt, but I wanted to do this anyways. I wont be able to be on Sunday, 2 May 2004 at 1800, I work from 1400-2000. So I figured that I would write this in a PM.

My Favorite Stanza:
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One Hundred-percent and then some.

My Essay:
This is my favorite stanza for one reason. When I was 14, I did something really stupid with my best friend Tim. On his 14th birthday, he wanted to get drunk and I didnt stop him. I also didnt stop him when he wanted to drive his dads truck (an '89 Chevy something or another). I was sober, I have never had a drink in my life. Well, long story short, we crashed, flipped rolled went through a gardrail and into a ditch. The truck was on fire and I got out. Tim didn't. I saw him half in and half out of the driver's side winshield, for his seatbelt wasnt on and that flung him through. I tried so hard to get to him, but the fire just kept pushing me back. I finally got him, pulled him out, but the docs said he died on impact. I still have a burn mark from the 3rd degree burns I sustained on my left arm that will be there until the day I die and them some. The mark is a constant reminder of my failure to my friend. This stanza of the Creed reminds me that that is what Rangers stand for. Getting the job done and never letting down their friends.
(This is well over 100 words, my appologies, but I couldn't describe it in 100 words.)
Again, I dont know if this will even count, because I am a newt, but even if it doesnt, it might show you, Ranger Odin's Underling, that I want to be a Ranger and I have reasons behind it.

**Some stuff here is very personal to me obviously, so I would appreciate it if the Newts/Newbies/DEPers not harrass me over some of this. Rangers, naturally, im open season**
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

This stanza is important because it establishes a sense of responsibility, and personal accountability for Rangers. Too often, people wish to offer excuses for actions, blaming the circumstances, or other individuals. These people fail to realize that they themselves are the only ones responsible for their situation, and actions. Because Rangers volunteer for their position, they recognize the duties and responsibilities that follow. Rangers understand their nation’s security depends upon them because they have a fully realized sense of responsibility, and accountability. For this reason, Rangers can be counted on to never fail, and never quit.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Ranger Odin's Underling, your post on top says "Post your stanza of the creed"
I did that, this post says nowhere of posting what it means to you. Your previous post however says to post it all on here in the appropriate time, i believed that when we got "further instructions" were were gonna post what it meant to us. i PM's 2 DEPs asking them about this for their help on figuring out what to do, and neither responded, i had to call Ray80 on his cell phone to ask him about this, he thought i did the right thing, paying attention to detail, he said he had to post all of it because he had to get to work, which he was on his way when i talked to him. I am sorry for not posting it in the alloted time here is my reasons for that creed....

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high espirit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

I chose this stanza of the Ranger Creed because I volunteered, giving of myself without asking anything in return. The Prestige of being a Ranger is something I have longed for and admired for many years now. All men and women in the military have Honor for serving their country, but the Honor that of a Ranger is something that can’t be measured. The Honor of a Ranger is something to be damn PROUD of. Years from now I want to be able to say I WAS A RANGER and get chills down my back, from knowing the hardships I have gone through to be one, and the BRAVE, SKILLED, and SELFLESS men that have fought beside me (what it means, and takes to be a Ranger). I want that Prestige, Honor, and high Esprit de corps of that, of a Ranger.

I will take my consequences like a man!

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."

Return to “The Mosh Pit”