NG to RIP?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

One of the best ways that I can think of is when they sign up for active duty request an airborne assignment and when they go to jump school they can talk to the Ranger Liason. I will see who can square that shit away. I'll give you the number if I can. :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: NG to RIP?

Post by Steadfast »

swankb wrote::?: I know that there are a few RIP Instructors that post on this board and I was hoping to get some information from one of them or anyone else that might be of assistance. I served in C Co 1/75 RGR BN from '95-'97 and graduated from Ranger School with class 4-96. Currently, I am an instructor for the Scout School in the Texas National Guard. From time to time, I come across some very motivated studs that want to go active duty and to have the opporutnity to go to RIP. The problem is that the Army's policy for NG soldiers precludes them to sign a RIP contract when they go active duty. Like myself when I was a young enlistee, they do not want to serve on active duty anywhere else is the Army except with the RGR BNs. Is there away to get around this policy? Is there somone at Regt. or RIP that I can contact whom will work with in getting some of these soldiers pointed in the right direction? Any information that can be provided would greatly be appreciated.
swankb, it is customary to make an intro in our forum for veterans. Please do so. It is not much for us to ask? Is it? Some of your friedns are prolly on here already.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About RASP”