Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Watched War of the Worlds last nite after running out of other 'New Releases' to pick from at Blockbuster. :roll:

I thought it was going to suck, not a big fan of Tom Cruise at all, but I really enjoyed the movie, pretty fucking creepy.... 8) :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

cams wrote:Watched War of the Worlds last nite after running out of other 'New Releases' to pick from at Blockbuster. :roll:

I thought it was going to suck, not a big fan of Tom Cruise at all, but I really enjoyed the movie, pretty fucking creepy.... 8) :wink:
I liked it for nothing other than the fact that Cruise gets his ass kicked pretty much the entire movie.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RangerX wrote:
cams wrote:Watched War of the Worlds last nite after running out of other 'New Releases' to pick from at Blockbuster. :roll:

I liked it for nothing other than the fact that Cruise gets his ass kicked pretty much the entire movie.
Roger that X, I too enjoyed that aspect of the movie..... 8) :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

I went to see SAW III :lol: ... Okay moive, nothing great, but still enjoyable...
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Cat wrote:I went to see SAW III :lol: ... Okay moive, nothing great, but still enjoyable...
I also saw Saw III this weekend. It's more of the first two movies, game on top of game on top of game. Out of all the torturous scenes, there was only one thing that made me grit my teeth...the tapping noise that the drill bit made against the skull.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
Cat wrote:I went to see SAW III :lol: ... Okay moive, nothing great, but still enjoyable...
I also saw Saw III this weekend. It's more of the first two movies, game on top of game on top of game. Out of all the torturous scenes, there was only one thing that made me grit my teeth...the tapping noise that the drill bit made against the skull.
People I was with started to laugh at that time :shock: 8) :lol:
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Saw Flags of Our Fathers this weekend. One of the best parts of the movie for me was the compilation of pictures at the end. I am definitely motivated to do my own research into Iwo Jima and the events surrounding it.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

BS502 wrote:
Cat wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote: I also saw Saw III this weekend. It's more of the first two movies, game on top of game on top of game. Out of all the torturous scenes, there was only one thing that made me grit my teeth...the tapping noise that the drill bit made against the skull.
People I was with started to laugh at that time :shock: 8) :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I haven't gone to see it, can't decide if it would be better as a rental. Usually by the third movie in a series, they've run short on ideas.
This is one of the few series of movies I've ever seen that had one theme, one plot. It's the same as the other two; but the different part is that it is supposed to be. It's not like they ran out of ideas and just did more of the same thing; the three movies are the same story, just divided into three parts.

I don't know what it was about the quiet tap that the drill bit made against the skull that bothered me. It wasn't the drilling, the blood, the brain, the sawing; it was just the 4 taps that you could barely hear. Strange...
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

SmileyTFJ wrote:Saw Flags of Our Fathers this weekend. One of the best parts of the movie for me was the compilation of pictures at the end. I am definitely motivated to do my own research into Iwo Jima and the events surrounding it.
Was the movie itself worth seeing. I kind of thought it might be but haven't gone yet. What do you think?
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

RangerRon wrote:
SmileyTFJ wrote:Saw Flags of Our Fathers this weekend. One of the best parts of the movie for me was the compilation of pictures at the end. I am definitely motivated to do my own research into Iwo Jima and the events surrounding it.
Was the movie itself worth seeing. I kind of thought it might be but haven't gone yet. What do you think?

It is a little slow in some places but it does tell the storey acurately.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

I watched Lucky Number Slevin the other night. Very well done. Nicely crafted tale of revenge.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

FireFinder wrote:I watched Lucky Number Slevin the other night. Very well done. Nicely crafted tale of revenge.
Concur. I really thought this was a good one.
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

rgrpuck wrote:
RangerRon wrote:

It is a little slow in some places but it does tell the storey acurately.
Ranger Ron,

The flashback method of telling a story is hard to do. I agree with SGM Ranger Puck, it was a bit slow in places, especially toward the end when the cuts of the men on tour became longer (or at least seemed to) and the viewer got more of the poorly edited story line of Gagnon and his girlfriend/wife.

That being said, I walked away from the movie satisfied that I got my money's worth for two major reasons: 1. It's rare that a Hollyweird picture motivates me to do anything as this one did. 2. Cinematography: There are some parts of the movie that I think were definitely worth seeing on the big screen vs. my small tv.

~Smiley
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

After passing up on Basic Instinct II w/Sharon Stone numerous times, I finally rented it. Wow!! Is she ever fucking hot! Good grief!!

Not a bad movie (Unrated) wasn't disappointed, if you like scheming violent, sexy women. (Something most of us has had enough of already!)

This movie goes to show you, just how f'n dangerous a hot little chicklet can really be once she gets inside your head. Scary.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “The Mosh Pit”