Intro.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:One introduction is enough. I locked the other one. I'll be back to have words with you.
OK, I'm back. You have already picked up on the fact that you did not take advantage of your opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Hopefully by now you have read all the FAQs, stickies and some of the threads. At this site we take great pride in assisting young men, like you, prepare themselves for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. That's why this site exists. By now the DEPs have contacted you, they will assist you in your journey.

You were given a task by Ranger Bugsy, but he did not give you a suspense. I will; please submit your response on this thread not later than midnight on Monday, 18 September 2006. Take advantage of this opportunity to demonstrate your competency. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Orygun
Embryo

Post by Orygun »

Jim wrote:
Jim wrote:One introduction is enough. I locked the other one. I'll be back to have words with you.
OK, I'm back. You have already picked up on the fact that you did not take advantage of your opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Hopefully by now you have read all the FAQs, stickies and some of the threads. At this site we take great pride in assisting young men, like you, prepare themselves for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. That's why this site exists. By now the DEPs have contacted you, they will assist you in your journey.

You were given a task by Ranger Bugsy, but he did not give you a suspense. I will; please submit your response on this thread not later than midnight on Monday, 18 September 2006. Take advantage of this opportunity to demonstrate your competency. Never, never quit.
Will do, Ranger Jim.
Shipdate: 20060928
Orygun
Embryo

Post by Orygun »

"what you feel you need to do"

Ranger Bugsy did me the favor of requesting that I write a 200 word essay, explaining what I need to do. I interpreted this request as a task requiring me to explain what I need to do to bring out the most honorable soldier in myself, and a soldier worthy of serving with the best of the best; the Army Rangers.

I feel I need to do my best to uphold the Soldiers Creed, and the values associated with it. I feel I need to work my hardest to make myself proud, my family proud, and the people of the United Sates proud. I feel I need to read, observe, and use the knowledge the Rangers (and other servicemen) from ArmyRanger.com took the time to share, and use it to the best of my ability. I will treat my body with the utmost amount of respect. I will push myself to my physical and mental limits in order to reach my dream, and call myself a Ranger.

Applying directly to RIP: I will not be a little bitch, and I will do exactly what my Sergeant commands me to do. I will train every day to my fullest extent. I will do my best to be the best team member I can.

And I will Never Quit.
Shipdate: 20060928
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Orygun wrote:"what you feel you need to do"

Ranger Bugsy did me the favor of requesting that I write a 200 word essay, explaining what I need to do. I interpreted this request as a task requiring me to explain what I need to do to bring out the most honorable soldier in myself, and a soldier worthy of serving with the best of the best; the Army Rangers.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!

I gave you a task, you were lazy in your response time and lazy in the empty words in which you wrote. A fellow Ranger had to REMIND you of the assignment as well, which was a big red flag for me.

I provided you with a link explaining the experiences of a former DEP (who is now a Ranger) who provided an outstanding SITREP of the RIP experience. My task for you was to;

1. Do 50 pushups

2. Read the post.

3. Provide us with a detailed yet brief description of what you "think" you need to do in terms of "preparation".

You have failed in providing me and others who were waiting on your response an honest assessment of your impressions of the RIP experience and how you would prepare to ensure that you reach your "stated" objective.

You're lucky you can fuck up here without receiving any direct consequences. By your response I'm wondering if you even read the entire post. I would hope that you take becoming a Ranger seriously, I can't tell you how many elevated pushups I did with my rucksack on, running with leg weights (during company PT), pull-ups when I normally would be shootin a game of pool or wasting time in some other manner, studying the Ranger hand book, etc. One thing I sure as hell knew was that I was gonna prepare for the worst because I didn't know what to expect, but I did know it wasn't going to be easy. I know I sure as hell took the assignment very seriously as did each and every Ranger who has ever volunteered for such an honorable assignment.

Back in my day prior to going to Ranger school those of us who were not tabbed would ask tab Rangers what to expect. The answer I always heard or got was....."you'll find out when you get there". I took it as a way of saying we're not gonna tell you because if we did it would almost be like cheating.

Unlike then at this site you have a tremendous opportunity to learn and prepare to become a Ranger from actuall Rangers who have been there and done that (or who are doing it to this very day), many of us did not have that opportunity and did what we thought was necessary to achieve what was for most of us the best and most honorable undertaking of our lives. Simply put to represent our Country as a United States Army Ranger!!!

You won't get there being half-assed, nor will you survive on this site with the same mindset.

I'll leave it up to you how you "think" you should respond to my assessment of your 1st assignment on this site. I"m hoping that you catch my drift and get it right the second time around.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Orygun, you have just gotten the best critique I have seen in a long time. By the way, you were tasked to write 200 words and I think you came up with about 157 (the way I counted). In addition, Ranger Bugsy gave you words of wisdom that should assist you as you begin your journey. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”