oops! wrong order...

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Lucky you, glad you and the other soldiers got some good stuff to wear, I spent a year there and wore nothing....except clothes :D
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
rum_snuggles

Post by rum_snuggles »

Welcome. :) Glad to have you with us, and thank you for serving!!
armychick787

Post by armychick787 »

Ranger Speedracer... believe it or not, the lower enlisted soldiers in my squad have had discussions on how great we have it down ranger right now. We all think that it is amazing that even with so little armor, you were able to come back safe. I would like o say thank you, on behalf of my squad, for all that was done before our time...
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, Amanda, and thanks for all you're doing over there. Stay vertical!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

EvilCouch wrote:The supplemental armor we got when I was over there was the early versions of the shoulder pads, the collar pieces, the throat protector, the groin pad and these pieces of kelvar, put into pouches and strapped the sides of the IBA. Except, they didn't design it correctly, so after a few weeks, the kevlar settled to the bottom of the pouches and protected a fraction of the area they were supposed to.
We still got those same crappy groin protectors that settle to the bottom, and when you run it's like someone snapping you in the balls, lovely............

I have both the extra inner side kevlar flap she is talking about and the outer side balistic plate on my IBA, if it were any thicker I wouldn't be able to reach my pistol on my thigh. With a basic load and all the other odds and ends that are essential, my IBA weighs a ton and my arms stick out like I got monkey butt in my armpits.
hehe......... monkeys are funny!

armychick, what FOB are you on? PM me, no I am not trying to pick ya up.
:twisted:
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. Thanks for your service!
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Welcome to the site!

You'll find a few of us Combat Support types floating around here.

Sounds like you got a much better body armor deal than I had in A-stan in 2002. A small group of us were on augment/TCS status to 10th Mtn. We got issued the old flak vests (at Lewis), which were rumored to be able to stop grenade/landmine shrapnel when in the injury radius, I wouldn't trust it that far.

The CS/CSS regulars with 10th had the interceptor armor, no trauma plates, but groin and throat guards. Most flipped the groin guard inside for more abdomen protection.

Enjoy the site, but set a good example for DEPs and civvies and always capitalize Ranger.
armychick787

Post by armychick787 »

Ranger Cloak and Dagger...ouch!! flak vests?!?! havent seen one of those sence basic, but i suppose any body armor is a great think to have. now, maybe its just the males that are in my unit, but most have expressed great interest in not wanting to live if anything bad happened to....well....down there. :lol: and i just realized that when you were in
A-stan, i was a sophmore in high school... :shock:
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

armychick787 wrote:and i just realized that when you were in
A-stan, i was a sophmore in high school... :shock:
Now that's just fucking mean. :twisted:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
armychick787

Post by armychick787 »

KW Driver wrote:
Brother, you made the list...

Rangers...do i dare ask...what list?
armychick787

Post by armychick787 »

Ranger Old Grunt... my biological father was in Vietnam, and when we started to get to know each other, my mother told me that if i was to stay at his house over night, to NEVER wake him up unless someone was dieing and to NEVER ask about it. By the 'ill try anything once' statement, i was refurring to cliff diving or swimming with sharks (but im from fl, so i guess thats already been done) however, after working with males for so long, i should know by now to be careful when wording such statements :lol: .

and what is the list...? :?
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

AC- Welcome to the site. FYI watch who you address as Ranger. The only members you address as such are Ranger qualified or serving/served in the Regt. Not everyone is a Ranger. Stay safe and you don't have to stay vertical all the time. :lol:
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV
armychick787

Post by armychick787 »

Ranger maggot275...Roger, ill double check titles next time. And as far as the not needing to stay vertical all the time, i only 'drop' on special occations... 8)

Return to “Introduction Archive”