Fun photos.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rum_snuggles

Fun photos.

Post by rum_snuggles »

http://www.b0g.org/wsnm/articles/Mommy+Mommy%21%21

"Mommy, Mommy! Look what I found!"

WARNING: Much of this site contains NSFW content. There are no ads to betray you but look around at your own risk. I heart B0g.
dbap
Paratrooper

Post by dbap »

The camo netting on the tail fins make me wonder if it was on the ground and just hit by a bad sand storm instead of crashing and getting covered with sand.
Rwanda, may we never look away form an unjust evil again.

2003-2005 S-2 HHC 211th AVN GP
2005- Cadet land
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

dbap wrote:The camo netting on the tail fins make me wonder if it was on the ground and just hit by a bad sand storm instead of crashing and getting covered with sand.
There is sheet plastic that appears to be buried with the aircraft. In addition, note that the wings had been removed. Also, please note the varying size of the gravel included in the soil taken away.

My vote is intentional burying.

Maybe it's their version of AMARC.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

I wonder how many have been found?
EvilCouch wrote: "CDAT? Coffin of Death, with A Turret?"

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote: "I like that...when I die I want to have a turret on the coffin. I want people to trip over my big gun when I'm buried...till the grounds keepers get tired of mowing around it and cut it off with a hacksaw..."

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
A Co 1-8 Cav, 1st Cav 98-00
D Co 2/334/9/84th Inf Div (IT) 00-05
ETSed Sept 05
rum_snuggles

Post by rum_snuggles »

Veteran Borebrush is correct.

http://xpda.com/junkmail/junk155/buriedJets.htm -- more photos, a little bit more info, all minus the comments of stupid internet kids.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... d_iraq.htm -- even more details here.

Veteran M1A2Tanker, I've been searching around but haven't found any concrete numbers about how many jets have been uncovered. The closest figure I've gotten is "between 30 and 40." Not all were MiG-25s. Supposedly ACIG.org has a detailed article, but searching through that website is like pulling teeth.
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

I know there are a crapload of spare engines rotting in the tank graveyards here in Iraq.
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Fishboy wrote:I know there are a crapload of spare engines rotting in the tank graveyards here in Iraq.
Well send me one via snail mail!!! Then every week after, send another part. We can then slap a big ole 3rd Batt scroll on it!! 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

Ranger Luna wrote:
Fishboy wrote:I know there are a crapload of spare engines rotting in the tank graveyards here in Iraq.
Well send me one via snail mail!!! Then every week after, send another part. We can then slap a big ole 3rd Batt scroll on it!! 8)
I'd hate to imagine the shipping costs per part...imagine seeing the Postal worker's face as you walk in with like a huge crate every other month.

"....Can we help you?"

"Yes, could you please ship this Express?"

"Are the contents fragile?"

"Kinda."

"Would you like it insured?"

"Please."

After weighing it..."Sir, that will be $10,000, and will be delievered at noon in three days. Thank you for choosing US Postal."

:lol:
EvilCouch wrote: "CDAT? Coffin of Death, with A Turret?"

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote: "I like that...when I die I want to have a turret on the coffin. I want people to trip over my big gun when I'm buried...till the grounds keepers get tired of mowing around it and cut it off with a hacksaw..."

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
A Co 1-8 Cav, 1st Cav 98-00
D Co 2/334/9/84th Inf Div (IT) 00-05
ETSed Sept 05

Return to “The Mosh Pit”