Starting my journey... Again...

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Evolution
Embryo

Starting my journey... Again...

Post by Evolution »

I can't recall if I ever gave all of you Rangers and DEP's a SITREP or not... I ended up getting my ship date delayed because I found I had a civil body attachment warrant from missing a small claims court date in the summer of '03. I finally have everything surrounding that cleared up and am free of the financial obligation.

I've done nothing this past year except kicking myself in the nuts for not being where I want to be, attending college, and PT'ing my ass off.

I will be meeting with a recruiter on Monday to get the ball rolling again to pursue my dream.

Matthew
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Better late than never I guess.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Sounds more like you were a positive match on ship day and lost your contract.

Of course I could be wrong..... :roll:

At least now it's worked out, so we'll see what happens.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Evolution
Embryo

Update: MEPS Mid-Week

Post by Evolution »

UPDATE: Finally was able to get into the recruiting station. I had to make an appointment. Station Commander, SFC (name removed*), said everything should be good to go and Monday will be getting on the horn with MEPS to get my physical and ASVAB scores pulled. Hopefully will be at MEPS on Thursday for the quick go over with the Dr.'s and to sign the line.

Apparently, on Tuesday, we'll be checking out point of sale and reserving a slot for October or around there if there are any open, so that I can get my 2 year degree finished before I ship. If not, they said there are definitely slots open for June/July or at least was a couple weeks ago. With the last check being a couple weeks ago, I'm not putting too much faith in the slots they saw as I know they come and go.

Mostly, my visit was more of a shoot the shit session with SFC and a high school friend of mine who's now a recruiter at the local station... I think they were glad they didn't have to go through the normal recruiting routine with me.

I'll post another update when I return from MEPS Thursday night.

Take care, Rangers and SFC Hit_it!

*name removed for opsec violation dumbass. 1st & last warning. do it again and be banned Stead
"If your buddies don't like you there because you are a piece of shit, they will vote you off the mother fucking island." ~ Ranger Dublo
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Sounds like you are still qualified for an OP40, you should onle need to wait the required time period for being a DEP loss before being able to sign a contract again.

Make sure you recruiter is up on the time period. They may have waived it since I escaped recruiting.

DEP losses used to have to wait 90 days before joining again.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Rangers and SFC Hit_it:

I left MEPS on THursday empty handed, but not because they weren't willing to give me what I wanted. The request system wouldn't let them do anything with me and they had to get it fixed. All is good to go now, but my recruiter hastily reserved a job through point of sale(?) for me without first consulting me for 11X/ABN/Op40 leaving before my current schooling is finished.

I've told them time and again I need to finish my already paid for summer session to finish off my 2 year degree requirements before I ship... on top of wanting deperately to be 13F. I'm not very pleased and I'm firm in my wanting to be a FiST. Looks like I'll be in the station or on the phone tomorrow morning after I get off work bantering redundantly again.

They've been going on and on about how 13F is a very rare Op40 and how I have to take the 11X they reserved or I might be DQ'd from anything Op40. I don't feel that any of that is neccessarily true, especially with 13F having been a critical short MOS for quite some time if my research is correct.

Unless I'm advised otherwise by the Rangers here or SFC Hit_it, I'm sticking with my attitude of: Never back down... Never quit!
"If your buddies don't like you there because you are a piece of shit, they will vote you off the mother fucking island." ~ Ranger Dublo
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I don't feel that any of that is neccessarily true, especially with 13F having been a critical short MOS for quite some time if my research is correct.
Might be short for the Army but not for the Ranger Regiment. Hence no option 40.

Think about this one.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

SFC Hit_it:

This is where I found my information:

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active/ep ... enings.htm
http://www.forward-observer.net/announcements.htm

The latter of the two states Skill Level 2 & 3, but those were what I had based my assumptions on.

I have also been approached with an opportunity to go to and LRSD Guard unit this weekend (D/151).

With all that said, I'm knockin' out pushups for being presumptuous*.

Cheers!

*Edited for spelling.
Last edited by Evolution on February 12th, 2006, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Roger that, Ranger xray!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

So, although your title says DEP/ABN/OPT40, you actually have not enlisted with an Option 40 contract yet.....correct?
RLTW
EP
***Title changed to Embryo***
Last edited by Earthpig on February 12th, 2006, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Go back and restart yer fucking journey.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Ranger EarthPig and Ranger Kilted Heathen:

Correct that I am not currently a DEP. I have changed my avatar back to reflect the title change.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Do D-151 after your 4 years in the Ranger Regiment.
13F (back in my day anyway - and that day was after the catapult had been retired) spent their days working as/for the training NCO in the office. You'll have a lot more fun & frequent big bangs in a weapons platoon.
Maybe USAF TACP or CCT would be more your style?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Recruitment Process”