being called Ranger without attending ranger school?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Like it or not, the Magician is the one man I would probably not argue the point with... That's one motherfucker I pure respect, period, no questions asked.

He truly does personify all that he says, each and every moment of everyday. And even I in the best of my days cannot say that.
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Jimbo,

I respect magician, but the above is purely his opinion.

Without getting back into it, I've met/served with plenty of batt Rangers who were squared away without there tabs, and plenty of ate up dudes with their tabs.

Yeah, in Batt, non -tabs would occasionally be referred to as tabless bitches..but that's in house between bros. No need for non-Rangers to think it's cool to refer to non-tabbed Batt Rangers as such.

In the end, we are all brothers. Lots of rangers don't have tabs.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:Jimbo,

I respect magician, but the above is purely his opinion.

Without getting back into it, I've met/served with plenty of batt Rangers who were squared away without there tabs, and plenty of ate up dudes with their tabs.

Yeah, in Batt, non -tabs would occasionally be referred to as tabless bitches..but that's in house between bros. No need for non-Rangers to think it's cool to refer to non-tabbed Batt Rangers as such.

In the end, we are all brothers. Lots of rangers don't have tabs.
And it bears mention that I never get this topic rolling to get a rise out of you BM! :twisted:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Although I stepped on my 12in dick in hooah school :lol: , I have to agree with Silverback overall. Most of the guys who came back without there tabs got dogged and lost respect "me included" after coming back without your shit. I remember some of the "brothers" being hella mad at me cause they "just knew I was gonna come back right" or " damn you stupid motherfucker was IT WORTH IT!?!.

The fucked up part is whether you got peered out, got in trouble, injured, sick or just had a fucked up PLT of O's who fucked you or even Bat Boys' it was one big disappointment. Plain and simple, does that mean that after (if you actually made it back to Bn or Regt) you didn't have to perform as you always did as a Ranger. Yes you did, but it was like sittin in a 427 Rat Vette at the drag strip with the motor racin and when the light turned green you fuckin stalled the engine. It just was never the same...........especially when you saw other motherfuckers who you thought you were better than and they DID come back with their shit. :!:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

You guys are missing what it says. Served in Ranger unit, tabbed or not. I think the bottom line is this. Did you serve in a "Ranger Unit"? Did you serve honorably? Then you are a fucking Ranger! I was born and raised in 1 st Bat. I knew plenty of dudes didn't have tabs, but were harder than fucking woodpecker lips. Those of us who went knew and remember well total fucking ass clowns that got their tab. Tab is great. But it says you went to the toughest leadership course in the Military. What makes you a Ranger is the daily sacrifice. Tell one of Darby's men (My personal fuckin' hero's) he's a wannabee because he didn't go to Ranger School. That old man will stomp your ass! You served in Ranger unit, did your job, you are a Ranger. Tab is awesome. damn glad I got mine, but it's something we aimed for, not the litmus test.

"Now get the Fuck down if you ain't got it!"
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

RS Graduate: Guy who had a lot of luck and managed lead under bad cicumstances and sucked it up.

Scroll Wearer: Real modern day Ranger. Essential to the success of the Regiment. Sucks for at least 6 months before even getting a chance to become available for a slot to go to Ranger School. Goes through hell every walking minute of his first 6 months there and if he has the misfortune of being there any longer without it, well just add exponential suckfest to that.

Scroll and Tab: Has managed to get a slot to go to Ranger School, pushed himself further than he thought he could and got lucky because he was not stuck in a squad full of O's or worthless p.o.s.

The defining factor for me has and always will be that if you served in Regiment, you are a Battboy. A United States Army Ranger. You are a SOCOM operator and you are a role model for the rest of the military. You carry the torch every day and you are fully aware that you directly reflect all Rangers past and present. And that is something that only a Battboy can do.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

The A Shau Valley was my Ranger school.

BTW Bugsy, like you, I finally got down to 12" too. Those three penis-reduction surgeries at the Long Wong Gone Institute in Green Leaf, Colorado were well worth the trouble. :lol: :lol: :lol:
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Colt and Matador.

And Ape, I know you like to fuck with me about stupid school.... :wink:

It's an RI thing....

I served honorably my whole time in Regiment. When I came back without my tab, it sucked. I had a whole new CoC. Everyone that knew that I had my shit together was GONE. But I didn't get dx'ed like a lot of dudes who came back w/out their shit. I just did my job and excelled like I had before RS. I was the platoon RTO. I got promoted to Spec 4 fairly fast after coming back from RS.

I never had any problems for not having my tab UNLESS I was out of my company AO. The turnover rate was so fucking high at Attack Co that there were only a handful of motherfuckers in the company that had been there when I got there, and most of them were SL's. Between being there for a long time, having my shit together and being a RTO since I was a private, I got a lot of respect.

Fast Fwd to LRS. Get there, I'm in the PSG's office with all the Team Leader's.....tell my life story, and we start talking about Ranger School. I give my 2 cents on the subject, which you can guess what that was. :lol:

PSG turns around and says, "Well, I was an RI, and so was him, him and him.". Fuck Me.
"Do you still feel that way about RI's and Ranger School?"

"Fucking A Sarn't."

My future TL, a former Batt boy and the only non-RI goes, "I'll take 'em." :twisted:

LRS was great, most of the dudes were ex-batt boys. If Larsen ever gets on here he will know exactly who I am talking about. 8)
BIG MARE
Ranger

Post by BIG MARE »

Having only three combat deployments with 3rd Ranger Battalion between OIF and OEF. Since I relized how retarded ROTC was after I made the mistake of leaving batt. to pursue it. I gave myself a 3 year obligation with the national guard my nuts in a sling with no option but some more combat time. Not even six months after leaving battalion I'm on another world tour. Relizing now I should have sucked up and stayed on, even though I sat for almost two years while shit heads failed thier fucking PT tests for pre-ranger. I come to the national guard were fuckers look at my 3 deep combat scroll and call me a Ranger wannabe I can only feel the anger boil to the point that I take one of these bitchs and put them in an ever usefull choke hold and reminise of prom. They pass out and I feel better. My brothers in battalion would tell me a war time Ranger is no different, tabbed or not. All these "ranger sapper" tabs that surround me piss me off even more. It was a hard three weeks they are so quick to inform me, whir, whir,whir, I have a wooden spoon. Sorry venting. Excuse me while I kiss the slab for a "real" tab check I saw ealier.

ONE FOR THE AIRBORNE RANGER IN THE SKY!!
B CO FIST 3RGR75 2002- 2003 OIF 1 & 2
HHC FSE 3RGR75 2003-2004 OEF 3
CPT (RET.), 35D and 35E, Missouri Army National Guard 2008-2020
USARA Life #56817836
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

BIG MARE wrote:Having only three combat deployments with 3rd Ranger Battalion between OIF and OEF. Since I relized how retarded ROTC was after I made the mistake of leaving batt. to pursue it. I gave myself a 3 year obligation with the national guard my nuts in a sling with no option but some more combat time. Not even six months after leaving battalion I'm on another world tour. Relizing now I should have sucked up and stayed on, even though I sat for almost two years while shit heads failed thier fucking PT tests for pre-ranger. I come to the national guard were fuckers look at my 3 deep combat scroll and call me a Ranger wannabe I can only feel the anger boil to the point that I take one of these bitchs and put them in an ever usefull choke hold and reminise of prom. They pass out and I feel better. My brothers in battalion would tell me a war time Ranger is no different, tabbed or not. All these "ranger sapper" tabs that surround me piss me off even more. It was a hard three weeks they are so quick to inform me, whir, whir,whir, I have a wooden spoon. Sorry venting. Excuse me while I kiss the slab for a "real" tab check I saw ealier.

Hey Bro, jump over to the intro section and let us welcome you proper like. 8)
RSD 96-99
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BIG MARE wrote:Having only three combat deployments with 3rd Ranger Battalion between OIF and OEF. Since I relized how retarded ROTC was after I made the mistake of leaving batt. to pursue it. I gave myself a 3 year obligation with the national guard my nuts in a sling with no option but some more combat time. Not even six months after leaving battalion I'm on another world tour. Relizing now I should have sucked up and stayed on, even though I sat for almost two years while shit heads failed thier fucking PT tests for pre-ranger. I come to the national guard were fuckers look at my 3 deep combat scroll and call me a Ranger wannabe I can only feel the anger boil to the point that I take one of these bitchs and put them in an ever usefull choke hold and reminise of prom. They pass out and I feel better. My brothers in battalion would tell me a war time Ranger is no different, tabbed or not. All these "ranger sapper" tabs that surround me piss me off even more. It was a hard three weeks they are so quick to inform me, whir, whir,whir, I have a wooden spoon. Sorry venting. Excuse me while I kiss the slab for a "real" tab check I saw ealier.

Wholy...crap...wil you be my friend? 3-Deep,,, Yikes you must be the "Killer man"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

DoorGunner wrote::roll: :twisted: here we go again.
I know...I'm an asshole. What's his face was looking pretty ready for his adventure this weekend. You should call him, wish him good luck and blow him a long distance kissy-po!
Last edited by Silverback on January 20th, 2006, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Silverback wrote:
DoorGunner wrote::roll: :twisted: here we go again.
I know...I'm an asshole. What his face was looking pretty ready for his adventure this weekend. You should call him, wish him good luck and blow him a long distance kissy-po!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “The Mosh Pit”