Took ASVAB

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Herdo
Embryo

OK Thankyou

Post by Herdo »

OK, Thankyou Ranger AbnRgr289. Thats a good idea, I didnt really think of that. I will help my buddy study and prepare for the ASVAB but I wont retake. You are right, I should just be firm with my score, and tell them I need an Option 40 with what I have and thats what I feel I deserve to get. By the way, Im up to about 200 push ups in about 3-4 reps in about 4mins or so. Thanks for the help Rangers and SFC Hit_It.

Andy
Only The Fallen Can Show You How To Stand,
Learn From Experience.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: OK Thankyou

Post by KW Driver »

Herdo wrote: By the way, Im up to about 200 push ups in about 3-4 reps in about 4mins or so.
wtf? you're doing 3-4, resting, 3-4 more for a total of 200 in 4 minutes? is that what you ment?

do sets of 25, 30, 35, 50, whatever. do them in sets, short break, another set, etc. do a normal set, do a wide arm set (spread you hands further out so it's almost uncomfortable and do those), then dimonds (place hands together, index fingers touching indexes, and thumbs touching, or near that) do all three styles to isolate different muscles, or areas of the pecs.

or do pyramids, 1, break, 2, break, etc. keep the breaks as short as you can, but still do good ones. go from 1 to 10 and back down to 1.

make sure you have good form on every one you do. 200 half downs=0 push ups on an APFT. go research the PT threads.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Slims

Post by Slims »

The max for the ASVAB is above 140. 150 makes sense, but I don't know exactly how high it goes. Though the individual scores like CL, CO, EL, FA, GM, MM, etc. go above 150 (I don't know why).

Hope this helps, somehow..
Greg
Herdo
Embryo

Thanks

Post by Herdo »

Thanks for the tips Ranger KW. I dont do reps of 3-4 pu's then break then 3-4 more, I ment i do about 3-4 sessions of about 50-60 or so. Heh heh sorry, for not clarrifying. Thanks again for the tips!

Andy
Only The Fallen Can Show You How To Stand,
Learn From Experience.

Return to “Recruitment Process”