On the Topic of Looters...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

blinc

Post by blinc »

So I was listening to one of my favorite conservative radio shows today, and Mr Savage had a Special Forces (I'm not sure if ex or still AD), who planned on getting a few more of his well trained friends together to take care of and "put fear into" the gangs of people who are firing on law enforcement and looting food and medicine from stores, etc. He said something to the effect of "what's a few more bodies floating down the streets with the real victims, by the time the water's drained away, no one will know the difference. It's time for them to disappear." Now, I don't know how legit this is, but how feasable would this be? Because if some ex SF/Ranger guys spent 4 days down there doing 'cleanup', that's badass, and I'm all for it.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

blinc wrote:So I was listening to one of my favorite conservative radio shows today, and Mr Savage had a Special Forces (I'm not sure if ex or still AD), who planned on getting a few more of his well trained friends together to take care of and "put fear into" the gangs of people who are firing on law enforcement and looting food and medicine from stores, etc. He said something to the effect of "what's a few more bodies floating down the streets with the real victims, by the time the water's drained away, no one will know the difference. It's time for them to disappear." Now, I don't know how legit this is, but how feasable would this be? Because if some ex SF/Ranger guys spent 4 days down there doing 'cleanup', that's badass, and I'm all for it.
Shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
blinc

Post by blinc »

Understood Ranger Kilted Heathen.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

blinc wrote:So I was listening to one of my favorite conservative radio shows today, and Mr Savage had a Special Forces (I'm not sure if ex or still AD), who planned on getting a few more of his well trained friends together to take care of and "put fear into" the gangs of people who are firing on law enforcement and looting food and medicine from stores, etc. He said something to the effect of "what's a few more bodies floating down the streets with the real victims, by the time the water's drained away, no one will know the difference. It's time for them to disappear." Now, I don't know how legit this is, but how feasable would this be? Because if some ex SF/Ranger guys spent 4 days down there doing 'cleanup', that's badass, and I'm all for it.
Get back to your fucking corner!

And you might not be able to "Smoke a rock" , but you can damn sure heat it up until it Crack's! :twisted:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Shut the fuck up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How's that Guiness drinkin' bitch of yours doing, Ranger Kilted Heathen?
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

You know blinc, you're about on my last fucking nerve of late...

Let me catch you posting about one more stupid fucking thing-just one more over the course of the next few days, while I am tired and pissed.
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Do pushup for listening to Mike Savage anyway. :evil:
It's all good.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

AbnRgr289 wrote:

And you might not be able to "Smoke a rock" , but you can damn sure heat it up until it Crack's! :twisted:
or just kick the shit out of one...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

KW Driver wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
blinc wrote:So I was listening to one of my favorite conservative radio shows today, and Mr Savage had a Special Forces (I'm not sure if ex or still AD), who planned on getting a few more of his well trained friends together to take care of and "put fear into" the gangs of people who are firing on law enforcement and looting food and medicine from stores, etc. He said something to the effect of "what's a few more bodies floating down the streets with the real victims, by the time the water's drained away, no one will know the difference. It's time for them to disappear." Now, I don't know how legit this is, but how feasable would this be? Because if some ex SF/Ranger/CAG guys spent 4 days down there doing 'cleanup', that's badass, and I'm all for it.

or just kick the shit out of one...
That works too. :twisted:

Just make sure your wearing boots so you dont hurt your toes! :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Spartan said..
Gee, I wonder if the crime rate will go up when 25,000 unemployed people show up in each location?
It's a BIG concern my friend....
Houston is not a "pure city", but my local cop buds think it's going to get fucking UGLY.
I concur....I work right around the corner from the Astrodome on OST and am going to double mag pouches. My HPD and HCS buds are shaking their heads. Its one thing to help folks that need a hand (which I support), it's another to know that a percentage (10-20%) of these folks are known gang bangers and criminals. (Mostly misdemeanors....but like I give a shit.)

Draco
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
LLVI_Guy
Paratrooper

Post by LLVI_Guy »

Creeping Death wrote:It's painfully obvious to me now that a tangible portion of the New Orleans population stayed behind FOR the prospect of looting.
Ranger Creeping Death, with respect I disagree. There are substantial numbers of pre-existing criminals on the streets and even roving gangs, but it appears to me that a majority of people stayed behind simply because they didn't think it would be this bad. Many oldtimers interviewed before the hurricane hit gleefully pointed out that they had survived (cat 4 or 5) Camille in the 60's. Even more people remembered last year's Ivan and the huge evacuation that resulted only to have the massive cat 5 change course at the last minute. This is not an excuse, mind you- as Ranger Silverback pointed out- they were warned- just a different perspective on why most stayed. It also does not discount the possibility that many turned to looting once the opportunity arose (in those precious few moments immediately after the disaster began but before it turned into a desparate fight for survival).
Romans, these are your arts: to bear dominion over the nations, to impose peace, to spare the conquered and subdue the proud. -Virgil Aeneid 6.851
LLVI_Guy
Paratrooper

Post by LLVI_Guy »

Southern_Brit wrote: I was listening to NO scanner (Got a day's leave....home and bored!) and heard police (?) stationed at a hospital asking for immediate assistance and got reply Special Forces are on the way...didn't hear anything else.
I kid you not - that was at approx 1800hrs (GMT)

Not sure if related. :shock:
I have no idea if SF units are there but it is possible that they were referring to police special units, such at SWAT. I have seen a number of them on the news rolling through the streets heavily armed and riding atop armored cars. They would be the ones most likely called on to break up mobs (that is, until comparative Army/NG units arrive in force).
Romans, these are your arts: to bear dominion over the nations, to impose peace, to spare the conquered and subdue the proud. -Virgil Aeneid 6.851
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Am I correct in thinking that the NG will NOT be issued ammunition? This is still a relief effort for them, like Hurricane Andrew?

How is the NG supposed to suppress the criminal activity and organize the evac of the people?

I don't have a HSM, so I'm asking BTDT's to clarify.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

jsmurphy wrote:How's that Guiness drinkin' bitch of yours doing, Ranger Kilted Heathen?
:shock: :shock: :?: :twisted:
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

LLVI_Guy wrote:
Creeping Death wrote:It's painfully obvious to me now that a tangible portion of the New Orleans population stayed behind FOR the prospect of looting.
Ranger Creeping Death, with respect I disagree. There are substantial numbers of pre-existing criminals on the streets and even roving gangs, but it appears to me that a majority of people stayed behind simply because they didn't think it would be this bad. Many oldtimers interviewed before the hurricane hit gleefully pointed out that they had survived (cat 4 or 5) Camille in the 60's. Even more people remembered last year's Ivan and the huge evacuation that resulted only to have the massive cat 5 change course at the last minute. This is not an excuse, mind you- as Ranger Silverback pointed out- they were warned- just a different perspective on why most stayed. It also does not discount the possibility that many turned to looting once the opportunity arose (in those precious few moments immediately after the disaster began but before it turned into a desparate fight for survival).
You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and you are probably correct with regards to the elderly and infirm residents of the projects in NO.

But the fact is that they had at least THREE DAYS warning to get the Hell out of the city. It was sensationalized in the media to the point that half the country was expecting the city to be wiped off the map. Now, I can see the elderly folks that were there for Camille staying, but not the young gang bangers that are causing all of the civil unrest. They are too young to remember Camille, and Canal St. is rich with lootable booty.

My comments are directed solely at the young gang bangers who are tearing that city apart. The scum of the earth. I think anyone that stayed in that city with small children should have their fucking heads examined, but I don't think they are the ones that stayed for alterior motives. If you are a young person of the criminal element, and NO has more than their fair share, opportunities like this don't come around very often - i.e. high end stores with nobody around, multi-million dollar homes where the owner is 400 miles away, no cops, etc. etc. etc. Pandamonium. I'd bet money that the ones causing most all of the problems made a conscious choice to stay there.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “The Mosh Pit”