DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

hit_it
Paratrooper

DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

Post by hit_it »

Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?

Please answer these questions as thoroughly as possible but do not include your recruiter's names.

This information will be used by myself, Ranger gpatmac and the Rangers of this site to assess you.

Use your integrity.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

1. The NorthEast area of the US is where I was recruited from. Processed through MEPS in Springfield, Massachusetts.

2. Im not shaken by the chewing out, because I usually bring it on myself. I think its made me stronger by the fact I understand what its about. Its not meaning less. I honestly put to good use the exercises I learned from here. They have been invaluable, my favorite is Airborne Jarhead Leatherneck's post "Do This if Your in The DEP".

4. I think ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of everyday military life granted your with highly motivated soldiers, wanting to be the best at what they do. I think this way because, I know people that are in it for the college money and they are in no way shape or form as motivated as most on this board.
ghost06
Tadpole

Post by ghost06 »

1)SFC hit_it : I was recruited from south eastern Minnesota and will be processing through the MEPS in the twin cities.

2)SFC hit_it : I am not truly shaken, though sometimes it may bother me a little bit as shown in my earlier posts (sorry about that those of you that had to bear through it.) Almost all of the 'ass ripping' motivates me further to join and prove atleast to myself if not anyone else that I CAN do this. As to the exercises I have not yet been told to do any so all I can say is that I would do them. The reason being all though you can't see me do them, it shows a modicrum of respect and integrety. I have only been here a day, yet I have learned that not only is research and scouting around helpful in gathering information, it also lets you 'sound out the ground' so to speak. So you not only learn where to step, but how to step. Also, for most people by learning by yourself rather then just being told the answer, you not only understand the answer better but you feel a sense of accomplishment. Thanks to this forum you get answers to questions from people who have actually been through this and can tell you firsthand what you can expect and give you some of their own experiences. Although I new this before but did not really understand it, I learned that respect is not just something one gets, it must be earned it is a privelege not a right. Which i found out a harder way then one might have hoped.

3)SFC hit_it : I am currently talking to a recruiter and have already taken my ASVAB test and am scheduled to go up to MEPS next week.

4)SFC hit_it : As from what I have seen I would say that yes it IS an accurate portrail, they do give you 'ass rippings' and even though it is not face to face, it still has the potential to mess with your head. I have seen punishments occasionally given out here, but whether or not they are actually done by the ones who got the pushups or whatever was asked of them, there is no sure way for anyone else to know. Yet, by giving punishments it gives you a sense of what you can and can't do while in the service.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Shark, for Christ' sake take this little fuck out back and slap him.
Five fucking posts and he's jumping in like he's actually "aware".
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Runner
Ranger

Re: DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

Post by Runner »

hit_it wrote:Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

SFC Hit_it, It always sucks to fuck up, but I learn from it and move on. It doesn't change how I feel about joining the Army. I have always done every pushup, flutterkick, situp whatever that I've been told.

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?

I feel much more confident and know a lot more than I did before I came here. I am much more likely now to stick to my guns than I would have been before this site. I'm meeting a recruiter some time this or next week.

I am not qualified to answer the first or last questions.

A co 3/75 '07-'10
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I am not qualified to answer the first or last questions.
Answer them anyway, Malarkey. This is your ONE CHANCE to give an opinion.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

I'm being recruited from Northeast Ohio

I believe, from what I know, that this is about as accurate a portrayal of the military you could find, being over the internet and therefore impersonal. There is obviously a rank type system, and everyone knows their place. No one talks back when they aren't qualified to, and if they do, they get fucked up. Punishment is given out firmly yet fairly, or you could be smoked for absolutely no reason. I assume this is normally to see how one would react to such random smoking, to see if they'll talk back or just shut up and do it.
Also, DEPs and Newts are given assignments and responsibilities, and closely watched on how well they execute the assignment. If we fuck up, no one tells us "at least we tried". We do it again, and probably some PT too. Going off of all of that, I'd have to say it's pretty accurate.

Bryan
A co 3/75 '07-'10
suntannedmonk

Post by suntannedmonk »

hit_it wrote:1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?
Michigan, Lansing MEPS
hit_it wrote:2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here
Shaken? No

Ass ripping? Haven’t had one; but there’s nothing you could say to me could change my feelings, ability, motivation or determination to succeed in the Army

No more exercises than I do normally

Learn? The site likes to flatter it’s self for being a wealth of information, but too few people are willing to take the chance to ask questions. I mostly just stick around for the entertainment value of reading the posts, although I do pick up some new stuff every now and then.
hit_it wrote:3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?
As a “newtâ€
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

1) I was recruited through Mesa, AZ and processed through the Phoenix MEPS. My recruiting unit is the Phoenix Battalion, not sure of the Company though.

2) I am not shaken by getting smoked, its a learning experience/curve. My commitment to Army has never changed and when instructed to do exercise I do them. Having 2 years of experience with ROTC I knew the basics but through the mentoring program I received detailed information ten-fold. I did learn a great deal here.

3) N/A

4) For a new soldier I do believe ArmyRanger.com gives an accurate portrayal. We haven't done shit, therefore we don't know shit. We are kept in line and disciplined appropriately just as a new Private would when he first gets to his unit.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Learn? The site likes to flatter it’s self for being a wealth of information,
So, you have it down already? Nothing we can teach you?
As a “newtâ€
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

1) What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?
N/A

2) How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site?
Honestly, I wasn't expecting my first ass chewing. When I looked at my first post and all the replies were about me being a dumbass it was unexpected, but in retrospect, I had brought it upon my self. I am, in fact, the "dumbass" of this site for my stupid posts, but the way I look at it is that I have found my answers. Therefore, I don't care about being smoked; I am growing here in every aspect. I can't believe the people who come to this site, and then leave because everyone is being "mean." It shows immaturity, and foolishness as well, for turning your back on the information this site can provide. If you're going to be a little bitch, and whine about somebody yelling at you, then you are going to be in a world of hurt when you are actually out there, face to face, getting smoked.

How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker?
My commitment to the Army and my dream to be a Ranger have both grown so much stronger after receiving an ass ripping here. I think it's good to get smoked every now and then. You need it to grow.

Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do?
To be 100% honest the thought that comes to my mind when I am told to do an exercise here is "why the hell should I listen to someone who is so far away? They won't know if I did them or not...." But then I realize that there will come a time when I wished I had listened. You men have been through this, and to not listen to you, and learn from your experience would be foolish. So I have done every single exercise here. On a number of occasions I have forgotten subjects to my threads or PMs and the message appears to knock out 25 push ups. I drop and do them immediately. Reading other's PT programs have also helped me further develop mine. Because of this site I have done numerous pushups and flutterkicks that I wouldn't have done otherwise.

*Do you learn here?*
I have learned SO much here. I honestly had no fucking clue what an Opt. 40 was before I came to this site or that one even existed. And I want to be a Ranger!? I have learned to pay more attention to detail, to be more careful about how and where I express my opinions, I have learned all about the 75th and how it is organized, I learned the different routes to take to become a Ranger, I learned to take initiative, and all this only scratches the surface.

3) How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?
I am a brand new ROTC cadet fresh out of high school. Therefore, I don't work with a recruiter, but when I was considering enlistment I spent a lot of time with the recruiters.

4) Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?
This has actually run through my mind before. This site is very similar to every day military life (not that I know too much about every day military life yet). Nevertheless, I believe it is as accurate as you can be, online. If you step out of line, your ass gets smoked. If you fuck up, you drop and start knockin 'em out. You have those who are ranked higher than you, and those who are ranked lower than you, but we all have that love for our country. We are all part of something bigger.
Last edited by Kwith on July 27th, 2005, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suntannedmonk

Post by suntannedmonk »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Keep reading...
suntannedmonk wrote:...although I do pick up some new stuff every now and then.

Kilted Heathen wrote:
As a “newtâ€
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Listen fuckstick, this is an opportunity to give an opinoin.

Not break bearing.

Rangers will be treated with the respect they have earned. Only warning.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

Hey dumbass.

You obviously haven't been around long enough to have your shit pushed in.

Your responding to RANGER KILTED HEATHEN, I suggest you address him accordingly.

Being a smart ass won't get you anywhere.

Now shut the fuck up and go read the FAQs AGAIN, like you should have when you first registered.

EDITED to add: Pushing for SFC Hit_It for me being late.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

suntannedmonk wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:
Keep reading...
suntannedmonk wrote:...although I do pick up some new stuff every now and then.

Kilted Heathen wrote:
As a “newtâ€
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “The Mosh Pit”