Disney

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Disney

Post by SkyShark »

Is anyone here in So Cal? I am going to be taking my wife and sn to Disneyland in August, and I was wondering if any So Cal locals knew where I could get tickets to Disneyland at a good price, I don't want to pay full price at the gate if I don't have to. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
It's all good.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

I dont think there are any deals for Disney Land at the moment. They're greedy bastards.

If your wife and son like roller coasters, Six Flags Magic Mountain isn't too far from Disney Land and you can get one free admission if you buy a coke with the cupon on it here in So Cal.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

deleon275 wrote:I dont think there are any deals for Disney Land at the moment. They're greedy bastards.

If your wife and son like roller coasters, Six Flags Magic Mountain isn't too far from Disney Land and you can get one free admission if you buy a coke with the cupon on it here in So Cal.
Thanx, we go to Six Flags outside of San Fran at least twice a year. We are planning on going to Disney the first week of August. Hopefully something will come up by then. Again, thanx for the info.
It's all good.
Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

If I remember correctly children under 3 get in free and children under 10 get in without paying the same as an adult ticket. So if your son is under 10 you will be able to save about 10-15 bucks that way. I know my uncle was looking up a way to get some cheap tickets online not too long ago and after much research he came to the conclusion that the best way to save money at DisneyLand was to basically - spend less time there. He and my little cousin went anyway and had a great time though. I've never been to that Disney park but I hear it's worth the money.

The Six Flags Great Adventure near me (about an hour and a half away) is in Jackson, NJ. They have a water park and a safari. They opened a new ride just last month (May 19). As of right now it's the fastest, tallest roller coaster on earth. It's called Kingda Ka - goes 128 mph and launches 456ft into the air. http://www.gadv.com/kingda.html

There is some information and a picture of it on that site. I heard it was temporarily closed though because there were some loose parts or something. I'm sure Six Flags is trying to keep that under wraps....
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Kwith wrote: ..... it's the fastest, tallest roller coaster on earth. It's called Kingda Ka - goes 128 mph and launches 456ft into the air. http://www.gadv.com/kingda.html
.... temporarily closed though because there were some loose parts or something. I'm sure Six Flags is trying to keep that under wraps....
:shock: :shock: :shock:
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

Lots Hotels nearby have little kiosks inside that have deeply discounted tickets. Like buy 2 parks and get a 3rd free
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Make sure you get a ticket that includes speed passes so you can bypass the lines on the more popular rides.

According to Chris Rock, you're just supposed to hand them your wallet and they'll take out what they need to and give what's left back to you.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You've been next door to Spartan too long.

"Daddy can we go to DisneyLand?"

"Not if I'm paying retail you little fuck!"
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Try AAA Travel. As far as I know you don't have to be a member to utilize the travel aspect of the business. And if you are, you can get an even better discount. There's always good old USAA travel.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
aznando
Embryo

Post by aznando »

Haven't been around long enough to know if you are retired or not. If you are MWR has tickets also you get into Sea World in San Diego free with a valid Military ID Card. If you arn't retired as mentioned above, AAA is a good way to go.

Aznando
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Look for a guy in a trenchcoat wearing sunglasses - he'll be near the gate somewhere. Anyway, he can get you tickets real cheap - or a high-interest loan if need be. :lol:
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

CHeck Ebay as well.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Rgr_Summers
Ranger

Post by Rgr_Summers »

You might also want to look into taking the family to Knottsberry Farm. It's a fun park with a few good rollercoasters. Not too far from Disney either, and a lot closer than Magic Mountain.

-Mack
B CO 3/75
Wpns Plt (WEBCO) AT Section
HQ Plt Armourer
'86 - '89
Stickman
Tadpole

Post by Stickman »

My work sometimes gets little discounts for Disney, but I am willing to bet the ones the Hotels give are better. I'll keep an eye out and shoot you an PM when I see some.
A 2-505
C 1-506 Camp Greaves, S. Korea

Have you seen my keys to Area J?

Return to “The Mosh Pit”