On my way to Benning

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

USA1
Ranger

On my way to Benning

Post by USA1 »

As IRS did I would like to say my farewell for now. I will be getting on my train tomorrow at 18:30. I would like to thank all the Rangers on the board for all their help and information. This site was a huge help in my application process and really understanding what the Rangers were all about. Again thank you all and good luck to everyone getting ready to ship.
Bell

Post by Bell »

You ain't seen nothing yet. This was kindergarden.

Never ever ever quit. How else do I say it? Ya ain't gonna die although you think you will. Rangers don't quit. Don't forget it. They need ya there at the objective and must rely on ya. Quitters don't belong in a unit that can do anything. ANYTHING!

Rangers Lead The Way. They don't make minimum standards and they don't get by. They set the standards and do miracles every day.

As far as the advice ya got on this board. Yer welcome.

Now show us something.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Make us proud men. Come back and let us know how it's going and to change your title to 'Ranger' like the rest of us who met the challenge.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Good luck. Keep your head on straight through everything. Know when to cut loose and know when to toe the line. That has made or broke more then a few Rangers and wannabes.

Advice from my police academy....same holds true for Rangers....

3 things that will get you in trouble.

1. Alcohol
2. Guns
3. Women

and combo of the three

Things that seem like a good idea at the time when you are drunk might not the next day....with any luck you will wake up with a headache and realize what a dumbass you were the night before and learn from it.......*OR*...you could wake up in jail.

Day to day, while keeping the big picture.......

Suck it up while you are young, and you can proudly say you were a RANGER for the rest of your life.....

Most of us on here became Rangers before BHD or 9/11...we were hooahs when ya told folks you were an Airborne Ranger and they thought ya lived in a forest for the park service......

Point being, now everyone knows what a "Ranger" is.........suck it up, and you too can join the brotherhood.

Good luck.

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body" written somewhere in the 1st platoon barracks, A-co 2/75.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

You are starting the wildest ride of your lives. Good luck guys. Keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait to call you Ranger!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good Luck USA1 on your journey thru life.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

Good luck USA1.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

goodluck man, give it hell.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

I'm gonna puke...
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin