My Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mh42080
Inprocessing

My Intro

Post by mh42080 »

Good Evening Rangers

My name is Mike. I am a recent college graduate who has already completed OSUT and I am currently in the process of getting my contract finished to go to airborne and RIP in February. I very much respect the history and tradition of the Ranger Battalion and hope that I can one day add something to it.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hey Mike - if you have already completed OSUT, what are you doing now? How is it you completed OSUT, but are trying to 'work on a contract' for Airborne and RIP?

Welcome.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the board. Now, explain yourself.

RLTW
Bell
Stanley Goodspeed
Embryo

Post by Stanley Goodspeed »

PM Sent. Welcome.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Uh huh, you wha? If you completed OSUT then why have you made your intro in civilain intro area?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

snif'.....snif' ....

Is that blood I smell? :twisted:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
mh42080
Inprocessing

Post by mh42080 »

Sorry Rangers,

I did a shitty job of explaining my current situation. 4 years ago I enlisted in R.O.T.C. up here in Boone, North Carolina. I also dual enlisted with an Infantry unit in the guard in Smithfield North Carolina. 2 summers ago I went to OSUT to obtain my 11B MOS in the guard. 2 months ago I finished ROTC however I got arrested a month prior to that and got my commison yanked a week before I pinned on my gold bar. So thats where I stand now, I'm going back to stupid fucking MEPS again this upcoming Saturday where hopefully all my shit will be straight to head to Jump School. My recruiter told me that it has to be past three years to go back to OSUT, thank jeebus. Anyhow I hope to get my career started soon, I've been trying to get as much PT in as possible and am looking foward to the challenge.
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
mh42080
Inprocessing

Post by mh42080 »

Roger Snafuracer,

I've paid tenfold for the mistake that I made and I surely won't be making a mistake like it again. I think it may have been God's way of telling me you'll be a better NCO instead of officer dumbass. Getting my commisioned yanked was a tough lesson and has only stoked a brighter fire in me to be the best soldier that I can be. I really didnt mean to just quote that cheesy Army slogan but its true. I know I've got a long ways to go and a lot to prove before I can hang with the best the Army has to offer, but I also know that quit isn't a word in my vocabulary.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Welcome! Sounds like you've done some growing up recently and that is always good. Keep at it!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Gravedigger
Ranger

Post by Gravedigger »

Welcome!
RI 4th RTB 85-88 [Darby]
9th ID scouts 82-85
4/9 Manchu 79-81 [Alaska]
RS 6-84 [ Fortune Favors The Bold]
SERE Instructor class 3-83
NWTC
Mentor to: