Military Athlete

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Bandito
Ranger

Military Athlete

Post by Bandito »

For those of you who want a challenge and want something different, go to http://www.militaryathlete.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (link from Mountain Athlete website), it is an excellent program. Especially for those of you who like the Crossfit hybrid workouts. The workouts are designed for the military/tactical personnel.

Enjoy
Bco 2/75 1992-1996
RS Class 8-93
Owner and Director of Operations, IRONCLAD Concepts and Solutions
https://www.ironclad-cs.com

newsoldier
Embryo

Re: Military Athlete

Post by newsoldier »

I have been doing these workouts for about 3 weeks now and I must say, these are tough. This guy (Rob Shaul) is really on to something. The combination of building a base of strength, explosive power and endurance are great. He has tailored his methodology for tactical movements and soldiers by incorporating rucking into the workouts in addition to the gym work and by adding strength/power without unneccessary mass to be more mobile and avoid injuries.
I have gained a considerable amount of strength in a very short time, lost a few pounds and my regular military-style PT sessions are showing marked improvement. Just my .02.

Thanks for the link Ranger Bandito - great stuff!
"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
- General Norman Schwarzkopf
onebadshot556
US Navy

Post by onebadshot556 »

Plus 1 for military athlete. Although you have to pay for now which sucks.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I've been doing his workouts for over three months. His programing is hands down the best around. My strength and endurance have sky rocketed. His pre-selection and pre-afghan workouts are excellent and well thought out "sport-specific" programing. Definitely a fan of the site.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Awesome workouts. Massive strength and endurance gains in the first month.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

He (the owner of the domain) is a huge fan of anyone with a dot mil or dot gov email account who will help end some misery.

I am going to highly recommend his training programs to any of the hopefuls out there and the AD component looking to move along in the world.
joem4077
Egg

Post by joem4077 »

I've been doing his Squat PT sessions for a few weeks now, and I'm already seeing an improvement in strength and stamina. I'm going to try his free sessions this week.
a.schaff860
Embryo

Post by a.schaff860 »

Yes, this guy knows his stuff. I'm on the 2nd week of his 6 week APFT plan and have already seen significant gains in my pushup and situp max.
DirtyM
Ranger

Post by DirtyM »

I've been doing the Operator Sessions since early March. Consider myself in pretty good shape (for a 41 y/o), but I have yet to finish any of the workouts in the recommended 50-60 minutes; usually takes 90+ min to complete. Stretching, changing weights, setting up equipment etc all eat time-- is anyone else completing these in +/- 60 min as recommended by Rob Shaul?
RS Class 7-92
G.G
Embryo

Post by G.G »

Rangers and others on this thread, do any of you have the APFT program from this website and wouldn't mind e-mailing it to me? I have e-mailed the site requesting the program but received a reply stating that I must be Active Duty to receive the program. Thank you to anyone who can help.
"Mediocrity is self-inflicted; greatness is self-bestowed." - Walter Russell
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Thanks for posting the link. Looks like good stuff!
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
gtlaau
Egg

Post by gtlaau »

Hello

If anyone has the military athlete 'Afghan Training Program' could you email it to me at

(email DELETED BY ADMIN)

Thanks for the great link. this stuff is awesome i cant get enough
DirtyM
Ranger

Post by DirtyM »

gtlaau wrote:Hello

If anyone has the military athlete 'Afghan Training Program' could you email it to me at

(email DELETED BY ADMIN)

Thanks for the great link. this stuff is awesome i cant get enough

I have the program. You headed to Afghanistan soon?
RS Class 7-92

Return to “About Army Physical Training”