Introduction- Dalton94F

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Dalton94F
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction- Dalton94F

Post by Dalton94F » July 2nd, 2019, 4:22 pm

Hello, my name is Dalton and I used to cut pizza for minimum wage twice a week but have since quit because of my soon to be absence.

I graduated high school in New York last Saturday on the 29th and turned 18 that same week. I’m in the DEP and am scheduled to ship out in on July 8th, 2019. I have 25 weeks of AIT then airborne and RASP. The only reason I chose this job is because I was lucky enough to get a 96 on my ASVAB so I had a lot of options open to me, sadly I couldn’t get the 11x with the option 40 so I settled for this MOS. After I hopefully get my tan beret and tab I was planning on reclassing to 11b after my contract is up since infantry was really my first choice. I’m hoping that some day I can be one of the few that have “been there” and “done that.” I’ve been looking through this site and it is extremely reassuring to go to the “letters from school” section and click on almost any name and see that they have become a Ranger, undoubtably with help from the great Rangers and other military members on these forums. I have a feeling that this site, along with the Rangers on it, will be able to help me fulfill my goal of joining the 75th.

Also an incredible amount of gratitude to Ranger Centermass as he helped me get a new account as my old one had problems that prevented me from logging on.
94F Option 40
Ship Date: 20190708

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction- Dalton94F

Post by Disinfertention » July 2nd, 2019, 7:39 pm

Hey Dalton,

I wish you would have got to us earlier as there is a lot on the site to read and take part in. Please check out the new areas you can read after I post this and try to find us on Discord once you get into the Mentoring Zone. Even with all the years I spent in Regiment I am not sure what you will be doing outside of being the best damn system repair person ever... so crush it. Please keep up with us and if you have questions message me.

Did you play any sports in school? Why are you joining the Army? Do you plan to continue your education? Have you given yourself an APFT to see where you are at? What are your goals in the military? If you want to be infantry make sure to state that early and often once you make it through... But I figure they will want to keep someone like you in your career field if they can...
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09 - 04

Dalton94F
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dalton94F » July 3rd, 2019, 4:41 am

Disinfertention wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 7:39 pm
Hey Dalton,

I wish you would have got to us earlier as there is a lot on the site to read and take part in. Please check out the new areas you can read after I post this and try to find us on Discord once you get into the Mentoring Zone. Even with all the years I spent in Regiment I am not sure what you will be doing outside of being the best damn system repair person ever... so crush it. Please keep up with us and if you have questions message me.

Did you play any sports in school? Why are you joining the Army? Do you plan to continue your education? Have you given yourself an APFT to see where you are at? What are your goals in the military? If you want to be infantry make sure to state that early and often once you make it through... But I figure they will want to keep someone like you in your career field if they can...
Hello Ranger Disinfertention,

I did not play any sports my senior year but I played lacrosse from 6th grade to my junior year and I played football from when I was around 6 years old up until my freshman year. I’m joining the Army because it’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. You see all these little kids saying how they want to be a ballerina or an astronaut or a vet and none of them are any of those things, but I grew up saying I wanted to serve. I’ve never had any specific reasoning besides preventing another 9/11 from ever happening but I was only a couple months old when that attack happened. I just felt that I’ve had so many great opportunities within this country that I have to give back. I have not given myself an APFT but I will try and remember to do it today or tomorrow. I do not plan to pursue further education. I believe the United States’ education system is disgusting. I may be smart, but I’ve planned my whole life around never going to college. My goals in the military are not very thought out but here they are so far: obviously first off I want to pass all of my training and become a Ranger, second I want to reclass to be infantry and do that until my body can’t handle it or I get sick of it, after that I really don’t know. I’m planning on staying in for life (25-35 years) and I know I probably won’t be infantry that whole time so I honestly have no clue, I might go to OCS somewhere in there but I sorta want to stay among the enlisted men if that makes sense. I feel against being in too much of a position where I sit back and relax I would rather be as close to the front lines and my fellow soldiers as possible. I figure I will try and say as often a second I can to all my higher ups when they ask me about myself that my real goal is infantry, but I do agree that when they see my scores and all of that, that they’ll try and keep me as my job but I’m hoping they don’t. I took this MOS because of the 75th Norbert because I wanted the job so I’ll be upset but understanding if I can’t switch after my first four years.
94F Option 40

Dalton94F
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dalton94F » July 3rd, 2019, 4:42 am

Pretty sure it posted twice, ignore the second one please.
94F Option 40

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV » July 3rd, 2019, 4:56 am

Welcome to the site, Dalton.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention » July 4th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Dalton, find some real reasons to hate school. None of which should include because you don't agree with the education you have access to. Especially when/if you join and it is free. Free education isn't perfect. No more perfect compared to the one that takes tens of thousands of your dollars and puts you in debt. But if you join, classes are free. Get after it. Green to gold is free shortly after - get after it. So don't toss away those ideas so early.

I think you're in a good spot at the moment. You are forecasting yourself. Even if I do not agree with everything you have those thoughts which is important. I just ask you to continue to re-evaluate those thoughts. Make goals in the 1, 5, 10 20+ year terms and adjust them as you need to.

Report back to us when you have been able to do an APFT. Measure yourself and keep at PT. It is the easiest thing you can do by yourself.
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09 - 04

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”