Failing RIP/Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

Get the Ranger Handbook and study. Start practicing knots, Land nav., etc. No, the RI's will not be patient. That is not there job.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Legi0n
Embryo

Post by Legi0n »

I dont mean to sound stupid, but how would one practice land nav? wouldnt a map be needed, and will any map work. getting a ranger handbook is a good ideal, but i have not found one yet.. I guess i will have to order online.
Scout78
Ranger

Post by Scout78 »

Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

When I was waiting to go in my recruiter gave me the military alphabet and a bunch of other crap that I memorized before hand. Anything that you can learn before will help. It lets you concentrate on the real problems with RIP. RIP is designed to teach you the basics and weed you out. The 75th has standard things (SOP)'s that all platoon's do. So they try and teach you those. You had better know the Ranger Creed before hand. I actually got out of shape in basic as I was in great shape before I went in. But being in the best shape possible helps. I remember the runs, 5-8 miles starting at a sprint trying to keep up with the instructors. Who knows what the pace was, it was just fast. Seemed like the middle of the night too.

Biggest thing about the military, RIP or the Rangers. Do only what you are told to do, when you are told to do it. Do no more or less. Just exactly what you are told to do. That will cover 99% of anything. It will also cut down on the suffering.

Read Ranger history as you will be quized on that in RIP and at Batt. It will save you pushups and flutterkicks. These are just some of the things I can think of.

Ranger2

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”