Veteran Exclusive Jail Dorm Opens

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Veteran Exclusive Jail Dorm Opens

Post by Flesh Thorn »

A Georgia sheriff says he is opening the first county jail in the U.S. exclusively for inmates who are military veterans.
"The people in the veterans dorm get access to programs that will hopefully be addressing their concerns or needs," said Muscogee County Sheriff John Darr. "When they transition back into the community we don't have the problem [of recidivism.]"
Darr went on to say, true crime prevention is having people not commit the same offense or crimes over and over again. He wants to keep folks from circulating in and out of the jail system.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/05/fi ... z1uLHysORD
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Veteran Exclusive Jail Dorm Opens

Post by Steadfast »

This is waaay too late to help my fellow veterans from RVN.

Perhaps these veterans today will get help - it's not like only the VA is the perfect answer.

Our Chuck Norris may be a teacher on the inside now.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Veteran Exclusive Jail Dorm Opens

Post by hobbit »

What's the difference between a veteran pepetrating an armed robbery and a non-veteran perpetrating an armed robbery?
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”