Introduction-Tim

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

regularguy64
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction-Tim

Post by regularguy64 »

Howdy Rangers,
I am a newly depped in as of last thursday as a PFC contracted 11X Opt 40. I have been eating up everything I can on this forum since my enlistment. I am scheduled to ship on october 9th from fort sam houston tx meps (my current residence is on ft sam). My dad is an MSC officer and is not a ranger (tabbed or scrolled). I have had a long interest in being Infantry but just recently found out about the differences between Ranger School and RASP/RIP so when offered the Opt 40 I snatched it up. I don't want to post alot of irrelevant info that wont help anyone help me but I will say I was born on Ft sill OK and have lived on bases around the world since then...I have always wanted to be in the military and have a high level of perspective (that most deppers my age don't) But I am seeking some mentorship and am open to all advice and I won't be one of those ass clowns who tries to tell you what you do and don't know.

some things that you should know:

poor physical cond. I am not overweight but I lack strength training and endurance. I am in need of a workout plan that will build me up from just about scratch. I am sure my physical cond. will improve between osut-airborne but my ultimate goal is to be ready as possible for RASP.

I have recently purchased a ranger hand book (just letting you know if anyone wants me to reference it)

I have access to MWR gym and AAFES MCCS (incase you want me to buy any helpful items)

As stated before I ship october 9th and I graduate HS on June 01 so I basically have between now and then to start a training program.
Aso in short am willing and eager Protege seeking a Mentor
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20121009

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Tim

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome, but . . .

excerpt of regularguy64 intro
poor physical cond. I am not overweight but I lack strength training and endurance. I am in need of a workout plan that will build me up from just about scratch.
Why are you posting and not reading/researching About Army Physical Training & the different programs Rangers have outlined to help you on your way. Oct is not far from today for you to be prepared especially if you are out of shape. Post your p.t. results here no later than Saturday 21 apr, 2012 1800.

You are giving me too much work here tim - I've already sent you two (2) PM and yet your avatar is not up to our standards. You can not use your own avatar until you have completed OSUT. It is outlined in our FAQ's that DEP's select a DEP avatar & I have to tell you what you should have done right from the start - that is to read the FAQ's - I do not want an apology but you better straighten out promptly.

Since you are out of shape, it will be necessary for you to do 50 push ups before each post you make from now on.

(Jim, pour me a Scotch.)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
regularguy64
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by regularguy64 »

Roger Ranger Steadfast, duly noted doing 50 pu's now
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As ot should be. Attention to detail. Nefver, never quit!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Steadfast wrote: Post your p.t. results here no later than Saturday 21 apr, 2012 1800.
regularguy64, you have failed to follow instruction & meet the above posted deadline.

You are a NOGO at this station.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
regularguy64
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by regularguy64 »

Ranger Steadfast, Ranger Jim had instructed me to post my pt results under the mentor page and they can be found there.
11X OPT 40

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

regularguy64 wrote:Ranger Steadfast, Ranger Jim had instructed me to post my pt results under the mentor page and they can be found there.
excerpt:
the mentor page and they can be found there
All on this board who do not have access to that page can not see your results. I bet you didn't think of that.

No excuses, you are a NOGO. Failure to follow instruction. Failure to pay attention to detail.
How are you going to rectify this?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
regularguy64
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by regularguy64 »

Ranger Steadfast, this seems like a contradiction of orders. It was my understanding that Ranger Jim had taken over me him thus being the more recent contact I only posted on the mentor page. But none the less here are my results:
PU:43
SU:60
2mile 16:33
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

regularguy64 wrote:Ranger Steadfast, this seems like a contradiction of orders. It was my understanding that Ranger Jim had taken over me him thus being the more recent contact I only posted on the mentor page. But none the less here are my results:
PU:43
SU:60
2mile 16:33
Actually, you should comply with any directive you get on the sitre from a Ranger. It makes things easire. If you find that you are getting conflicting guidance, raise the issue. In your caqse I was very specific in my directive and so was Ranger Steadfast. Now, please do pushups for your inattention to detail.

For future reference, if your platoon sergeant tells you to do something, and your squad leader tells you to do something -- it would not be a good idea to blow off either, just because you had performed the same task. A prudent man would follow the tasking from both.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

regularguy64 wrote:Roger Ranger Steadfast, duly noted doing 50 pu's now
This is not acceptable.
My request was:
Since you are out of shape, it will be necessary for you to do 50 push ups before each post you make from now on.
This means before every post you are to do 50 pu. Not while you are posting. Not once did you state to me: 50 pu completed before posting Ranger Steadfast. I figure you now own me 650 pu for each of your 13 posts (not including your introduction post) or counting any future post. But I will be waiting to read that you continue to pay me 50 pu prior to each post. Take a few days to a week to complete your task & remember not to hurt yourself by overdoing it.

Thank your father for me for his continued service to our country. It is Hero's like your father that make our country strong. It is for his sacrifice that you & your family have endured I put in this extra effort to help his son.

Update your signature line to include your ship date.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Time for you (regularguy64) to give us a sitrep.

No one here is angry, this is your next step to a new life.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
regularguy64
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by regularguy64 »

SITREP
Ranger Steadfast, 50 pu's completed prior to this posting. Through out the past week I have completed the 650 owed in backed pu's. Signature Line is updated. I have started to pt regulary with a friend of mine who is depped into the Marine Corps. Ft Sam being the home of the Combat Medic and the Tri-service medical training it has been difficult to find a Ranger mentor in the flesh. If any Rangers here know of retired or active duty Ranger in the Fort Sam area that would be willing to sit down and have lunch TBD that would be most helpful.
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

regularguy64 wrote:SITREP
Ranger Steadfast, 50 pu's completed prior to this posting. Through out the past week I have completed the 650 owed in backed pu's. Signature Line is updated. I have started to pt regulary with a friend of mine who is depped into the Marine Corps. Ft Sam being the home of the Combat Medic and the Tri-service medical training it has been difficult to find a Ranger mentor in the flesh. If any Rangers here know of retired or active duty Ranger in the Fort Sam area that would be willing to sit down and have lunch TBD that would be most helpful.
Suggest you find the Ranger LNO, located at the Medical Training Unit. There are at least a couple NCOs assigned.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”