Ideal Time to RENO Contract

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Ideal Time to RENO Contract

Post by Gilbot »

Rangers,
I do apologize for posting another topic on this again, but I posted a question on this thread here, http://armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=59422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but it was rather hidden from the world, and not responded to. So I am posting this thread in hopes that it stands out a little more, and the question can be answered by the Rangers.
The question is that since Slitherboy and I have such far along ship dates, slots are not yet available for either Airborne School or RASP, so I would just like to know when would be the prime time to go back down to MEPS, and attempt to get those added to my contract?
My recruiter has told me that he doesn't mind taking me back down there, but he doesn't want to have to make the commute a dozen times over, which I can't help but respect. After all, I don't expect the world to bend to my every beck and whim, by any means. I am aware that the Military Fiscal Year ends on 30 September, and starts on 1 October, so would that be the best time to go? I am hoping that Ranger goon175 can take time out of his day to comment.
Thank you, Rangers for reading my thread, and for your continued service to this Nation, and assistance to many young DEPers like myself.

Return to “Recruitment Process”