Rock Solid

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
McD
Ranger

Rock Solid

Post by McD »

Saw 1911's puke, XD's stutter, and Glock's get all choked up at the Pastors over Memorial Day. My M&P never missed a beat. I have yet to have a malfunction (knock on wood). I'm keeping it: S&W M&P9mmL.

McD out
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Rock Solid

Post by KW Driver »

The 3 1911's were choking on the wad cutters. Ball fed fine, never had an issue with mine until I pushed those shitty wads through.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
McD
Ranger

Re: Rock Solid

Post by McD »

KW Driver wrote:The 3 1911's were choking on the wad cutters. Ball fed fine, never had an issue with mine until I pushed those shitty wads through.
True enough brother... although I thought you were a little limp wristing a little! :lol:
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Rock Solid

Post by KW Driver »

DADT is still current. But anyway, you're not my type, nice try
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

KW Driver wrote:The 3 1911's were choking on the wad cutters. Ball fed fine, never had an issue with mine until I pushed those shitty wads through.
Word. Wadcutters, never again.

Replaced all 100 8rd magazines from Sig as well, took about a week, week and a half after I returned. They're sturdier, heavier and seat easily even with a rd in the chamber, the others would push the top rd nose down, causing jams, or wouldn't lock in.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you're now running Sig 8rd-ers or you got rid of them?

my Wilson 8rd mags were fine.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

KW Driver wrote: my Wilson 8rd mags were fine.
Wilson 1911 mags are hard to be on quality and function. The price could be better.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I have had good luck with Novak.
I also get the semi wad cutter problem. I have to work on my reloader to get the seating depth just right to make them run with out jamming. To much hassle so I only reload round nose anymore.
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

KW Driver wrote:you're now running Sig 8rd-ers or you got rid of them?

my Wilson 8rd mags were fine.
We returned the mags Sig sent us the first time, those are the ones I used in Texas.

They sent us another 100 that so far have had no issues, heavier, sturdier and seat and lock easily. Though I'm curious who makes them, our armorer either didn't push hard enough for an answer or Sig is covering up where they got them, and why the first batch sucked so much after only about 3-4 months.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Weapons of War”