Reintroduction/ Sitrep

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Re: Reintroduction/ Sitrep

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Roger that Ranger Goon175. When I was talking to the second recruiter I was talking to him about the enlistment standards and how everybody is rushing in because of the economy. He told me it has nothing to do with the economy. Shows how much he knows.. I understand that I will have to wait until the standards are more lenient. I will continue my schooling and PT. And yes I fully understand about the TS clearance. NO way in Hell am I going to lie. I even told him I am going to need a clearance.

I am going to talk to a recruiter in October. With it being a new fiscal year do you think I have a greater chance of getting in? Getting in with a drug charge that I was not convicted of? Ive been told that I dont even need a waiver for it. The recruiters said why would you need a waiver for something you didnt do?
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Although I have not been a recruiter for long enough to have been around for a new fiscal year, all the guys in the office comment on how the new fiscal year usually brings about changes, whether they are good or bad, we shall see. Just try to get a no shit answer from your recruiter on whether you can get in now, or not, with your current legal disposition. I don't have your court docs, so I can't be too much of a help with that specifically.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Hello, today I called a clerk at the state attorney's office. I spoke to her about my charge and everything. Shes the lady that receives all the forms from all the recruiters. I spoke to her and she said yes all charges were dismissed within a short time. She confirmed that I did not do any programs.

On my court records it says "Intervention Intake" and the first recruiter thought that was a program. It was not. I thoroughly explained to him that that was not a difference program. She then said that my recruiter just lost interest in me because of the extra work he would have to do. Which I agree. I have no clue why he cant send a fax in within the 3 months that I worked with him. My next step is to send in forms to her. But with that I need to be in contact with a recruiter. I obviously don't feel like going back to the first guy. The second recruiter told me to lie about this. The clerk said that this will be easily waiverable and it will get done quickly. So I am probably going to talk to the second recruiter. Hopefully he will work with me even though he knows I wont lie about something that can be easily waived. If not I have no problem going up and down the coast of Florida in my car that gets 10 MPG to find a recruiter that will work with me.
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Hello Rangers.

I have not posted on this site in almost 3 years I am 22 now. I am a bit more mature. I have more college under my belt. Now I have 1 more speeding ticket and a careless driving ticket from a car accident. But other than that, my desire to serve as a Ranger in the 75th Ranger Regiment and to be the best soldier that I can be, has not diminished.

Tomorrow I am going to MEPS. I have already take the physical and the ASVAB. I had to retake the ASVAB because my scores were over 2 years and expired. I scored an 89 AFQT and a 123 GT. I was temporarily disqualified because I am allergic to penicillin. In regards to taking the anti-depressants it did not seem to be a problem during my interview with the doctor. After I was cleared medically my waiver for the possession charge was sent up and came back 3 weeks later approved. Other than the review board couldn't read the police report and had to request a new one my business with a different recruiting station has gone rather smoothly. Its kind of a nice feeling to see 5 different recruiters all on different laptops, filling in forms, scanning documents, and making phone calls when they're dealing with me.

I work at an Air Force base and seeing those helicopters fly over head and seeing those guys in uniform gives me the warm and fuzzies that this is what I was put on this Earth for. I found out that my recruiter from 3 years ago quit. He received no recommendations, no accolades, no medals, no nothing. He didn't do anything for me and apparently didn't do shit for anyone else.

Hopefully I am able to secure an 11x Option 40 and to have my father swear me in. Hopefully I won't snag into any problems about my case. I hope I won't have any problems when dealing with the counselor about a dropped possession charge that was dismissed with no pre-conditions.

My PT:
2 Min pushups- 85
2 Min situps- 81
2 Mile run- 14:15
Pull ups max 11

I am having slight problems with my knee. It was swollen and fluid formed around it but it has never appeared since. That was over 2 months ago. I massage it daily. It hurts when its cold. Is this what is called runner's knee? It hurts right under the knee cap.

Rangers thank you for posting invaluable knowledge. I have continued to lurk on these forums for quite some time.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please let us know how it worked out.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I'm confused.... You got a waiver for a drug charge?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Yes Ranger Goon. I had a suitability review approved for a possession of marijuana arrest. I was never charged. It was dismissed due to lack of evidence. I found out I can't get either option because of my medical waiver for being allergic to penicillin. I said i want 11x option 40 and nothing but. There were no option 4's either and no options for 13f. The recruiters said they would delete me from the system and shred my packet if I didn't go down. I stood my ground and told them I've waited 3 years I can wait longer. A 1SG called and said I couldn't get it anyways because of my med waiver. If you have any insight to my situation it would be appreciated. Ill find out more tomorrow when I sit with the counselor. Sorry for any typos im on my phone.
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

I already know that the threat to shred my packet is a scare tactic. If I find out at MEPS that I am qualified for the options, I will wait for it. And I'm sure my recruiter and everyone at that station will be furious. I understand that the selection process starts now.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Ok, so you were never convicted of the charge. That makes more sense to me.

No, you cannot get options 4 or 40, or any MOS requiring airborne school with a med. waiver. Once you are in, you can volunteer though, this is strictly an entrance regulation.

Pick an MOS and earn your shot.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

goon175 wrote:Ok, so you were never convicted of the charge. That makes more sense to me.

No, you cannot get options 4 or 40, or any MOS requiring airborne school with a med. waiver. Once you are in, you can volunteer though, this is strictly an entrance regulation.

Pick an MOS and earn your shot.
I could not have said it better. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Roger that Ranger Goon and Ranger Jim. I will not quit. It sucks hearing because of an allergy I can't have something in my initial entry contract.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

To be honest with you, I haven't seen 11x opt. 40 available in a while now, except for when quitters' slots pop up randomly. From what I understand, Regiment is trying to recruit their combat arms MOS's out of AIT now, as they have more of a record to go on at that point. I don't know if thats true or not, but that would explain why I only ever see 92G w/ opt 40 or 92Y w/ opt 40. So, even if you didn't have a med. waiver, you likely wouldn't snag an 11x opt. 40 at this point any way.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I've always been allergic to PCN. Guess the Medical Standards are way more strict than in the '90's.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

rangertough, I don't know what it was like in the 90's, and the only Rangers I knew about were the power rangers.... but I can say that medical standards at the MEPS I primarily work with are bordering on the ridiculous. I have seen a lot of good kids get there chance to serve our country snatched away by some dick who decided to make a big deal out of nothin'.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Hello. Well I did not sign during that initial trip to MEPS. They wanted to ship me out next month and I can't leave that soon. My recruiters told me to drop my summer classes. They were very upset and said that I "should be ****ing grateful because I am waivered out". If I take these classes over summer I can finish my AA out of basic with the credits I'll receive as electives.

One week later I went to MEPS and signed 68W. I ship 20130826 on my sister's birthday. My father swore me in and it was one of the happiest moments in my life. I am very grateful to be given the opportunity to serve in your Army. It has been a long road for me and I finally have a shipdate. When I first talked with my recruiter he mentioned that I may be dq from any medical MOS because of my arrest. I know I was set on 11x last week but I am very happy with my decision. After hearing that I would be able to attain 68W I was fully adamant about being given the opportunity to help those in need. And to also have those that I have looked up to for so long maybe one day look up to me. I know I have a very long road set be fore me if I hope to make the 75th. Its a challenge that I will not fall by the wayside. I will focus on my goals one target at a time. First to be the best soldier and medic I can be.

Thank You Rangers.

An applicant was sitting next to me near the liaison's office with the reddest eyes because he got dq because he couldn't do a balance test during the ortho exam. I know what he's talking about because when I had the physical I fell over also and had two guys charge at me with clipboards watching my every move.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”