PolyTech/Norinco M14

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: PolyTech/Norinco M14

Post by Flesh Thorn »

It is a M1A1, the semi-auto version of the M14. I have no first hand experience with these, but you get what you pay for. If you really want this kind of battle rifle I would suggest that you spend the money and get one of the better quality American made rifles.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Norinco Is a Chinese peice of shit.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

Some of the older Poly tech, Norinco came with Chinese Forged receivers, One of the most important pieces of the M14/ M1A system. You will pay close to 1000 for an LRB or Smith Enterprise new Forged Receivers, I have had several gunsmiths tell me that with a little fine tuning the Poly techs in particular will be fine rifles if you take all of the other parts and throw them away and replace everything but the receiver with USGI parts.
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

Look on the Fulton armory Website they have some articles explaining the difference between the forged receivers and cast and why the forged is better, more robust, less prone to cracking, etc. They are not always to US spec, but nothing that a little polishing or honing would not fix. The remainder of the parts should be USGI or good aftermarket parts from LRB, Smith Enterprises, Warbird Customs. are a few of the M1a sites I can think of. I am not a gunsmith, I just researched it and it was the best way for me to go with out coming up with roughly 900 bucks for a new LRB forged receiver. I believe FA's website has the serial numbers above and below that you should look for to get a forged receiver.
FreedomXforAll wrote:Ranger krm375,
Would you mind clarifying something for me? If I wanted a PolyTech that was a quality gun, woudl I need to find an older one?
I may make this my current project.
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00

Return to “Weapons of War”