Shipping Out

Basic & AIT
insidecntr
Embryo

Shipping Out

Post by insidecntr »

Rangers,

I'm shipping out to Benning next Monday and want to thank you all for the advice on enlisting and preparation for the journey to come. I'm honored that I will soon be wearing the same uniform as so many great men and women before me. Again, much thanks and I will use all that I have learned from you Rangers to be successful. I will not quit.
Ship: 20100222
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Shipping Out

Post by Jim »

Best to you, Ralph. Please tell me what you have learned from being on this site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Go make it happen! Give 100% every minute of every day and associate ONLY with those who do the same!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Be the guy who the Drill Sgt's brag about behind the lines. Set the standard.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
insidecntr
Embryo

Post by insidecntr »

Ranger Jim,

I have learned a great deal from you Rangers and this site.
By reading through and following this forum, I have been able to gain access to the knowledge and experiences of men who have achieved what I can only dream about. I have learned that you Rangers do not view your time in Regiment as a "job you once had", but as a defining time in your lives, the importance of which cannot be overstated, or explained to many. Above all else, I have learned that to achieve what so few will even consider attempting, preparation and the desire to overcome are paramount. The unwillingness to entertain the slightest idea of quitting is a man's strongest quality. He need not be an elite athlete or an ivy league grad. You have taught that it is the undying will to persevere or die in the attempt that sets the Ranger apart from another man. Because if you were to quit, the most difficult part wouldn't be explaining it or coming up with excuses, it would be to look at yourself in the mirror after giving up. I have learned many things from this community, but what I am most grateful to have learned and one day hope to exhibit in true Ranger fashion, is that determination and an unbreakable will to succeed are a soldier's, and a man's, most valuable qualities. And again, thank you for the lesson.
Ship: 20100222
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

insidecntr wrote:Ranger Jim,

I have learned a great deal from you Rangers and this site.
By reading through and following this forum, I have been able to gain access to the knowledge and experiences of men who have achieved what I can only dream about. I have learned that you Rangers do not view your time in Regiment as a "job you once had", but as a defining time in your lives, the importance of which cannot be overstated, or explained to many. Above all else, I have learned that to achieve what so few will even consider attempting, preparation and the desire to overcome are paramount. The unwillingness to entertain the slightest idea of quitting is a man's strongest quality. He need not be an elite athlete or an ivy league grad. You have taught that it is the undying will to persevere or die in the attempt that sets the Ranger apart from another man. Because if you were to quit, the most difficult part wouldn't be explaining it or coming up with excuses, it would be to look at yourself in the mirror after giving up. I have learned many things from this community, but what I am most grateful to have learned and one day hope to exhibit in true Ranger fashion, is that determination and an unbreakable will to succeed are a soldier's, and a man's, most valuable qualities. And again, thank you for the lesson.
Good answer. Live by those words, and you'll go far in life.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “About OSUT”