Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

colin1
USAF

Introduction

Post by colin1 »

So I've posted an introduction before but it was a very long time ago so I felt maybe it would be good to reintroduce myself to everyone. My name is Colin and I'm currently enlisted in the Air Force. I have about 10 months remaining on my current enlistment and want to be a Ranger more than anything. I'm a C-17A loadmaster at McChord AFB at the moment but want to get into the medical field horribly. So hopefully I can get an option 40 and secure a Ranger contract. Thanks everybody for everything and providing a great website with a million answers.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by panthersix »

Welcome Zoomie! It's good that you want to be a Ranger Medic, there's no higher calling other than being Johnny Holmes' fluffer!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome back and good luck in reaching your goals.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome back to ArmyRanger.com. Thanks for you service to our great country! I hope you are able to get what you want.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
colin1
USAF

Post by colin1 »

Thank you very much for the warm welcome back. I really appreciate it. I was reading through old posts of mine and the replies the I received from all of you and they have such a new meaning now that I know 100% exactly what I want. I received a reply which said something along the lines of "either you will join or you won't join, you want it or you don't want it" and I couldn't be more appreciative of someone being so willing to give me a swift kick in the ass to get my mind right. Thank you Rangers for this awesome site and all the help you are giving everyone. Most of all thank you very much for your service(I know how cliche').
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

colin1 wrote:So I've posted an introduction before but it was a very long time ago so I felt maybe it would be good to reintroduce myself to everyone. My name is Colin and I'm currently enlisted in the Air Force. I have about 10 months remaining on my current enlistment and want to be a Ranger more than anything. I'm a C-17A loadmaster at McChord AFB at the moment but want to get into the medical field horribly. So hopefully I can get an option 40 and secure a Ranger contract. Thanks everybody for everything and providing a great website with a million answers.
Is this the same Colin that RGROKelley and RGRPuck knows?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
colin1
USAF

Post by colin1 »

Is this the same Colin that RGROKelley and RGRPuck knows?[/quote]

RGROKelley, I don't believe we have met before but if we have and I've forgotten about it I apologize.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome back!
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

colin1 wrote:Is this the same Colin that RGROKelley and RGRPuck knows?

RGROKelley, I don't believe we have met before but if we have and I've forgotten about it I apologize.[/quote]

Nope, not you. The Colin we know definately would not forget us, since we are most likely one of the reasons he went into the service (and then when he told us how hard Air Force basic training was, we tormented him unmercifully)
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
colin1
USAF

Post by colin1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah I would definitely say that he was talking about basic being hard to the wrong group of guys.
VLuplow
Sister

Post by VLuplow »

Welcome back to the site. Are you working the Rodeo? I was out there on Saturday with the USO.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." ~Mason Albert Pike
colin1
USAF

Post by colin1 »

No sadly enough I will not get to enjoy the fun that is Rodeo this year.
VLuplow
Sister

Post by VLuplow »

colin1 wrote:No sadly enough I will not get to enjoy the fun that is Rodeo this year.
Having never participated in Rodeo, I felt the need to be there all week for the experience. I had a blast. I hung out with a great group from Kyoto Japan; they got me the Tiawan version of the Satan's sperm :D
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." ~Mason Albert Pike
colin1
USAF

Post by colin1 »

The Rodeo can be incredibly fun. The best part about it is meeting all of the folks from different countries and partying with them in tent city. Good times...

Return to “Introduction Archive”