SITREP

Basic & AIT
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

SITREP

Post by Modus operandi »

It's been a while since I have posted so I thought it was about time to give a sitrep. Last night my company marched back from FTX to Honor Hill. FTX wasn't hard with the exception of the weather. We left for FTX last Monday and returned last night around 1900. Most nights and mornings the temperature dropped down into the 20's. On the bayonet our DS's stopped on a trail so we could make squad fires to keep warm in the middle of the night.

It felt good to make it to Honor Hill and have our DS's pin us. I had a delay at 30th so I am now an 11c instead of an 11b, so we will be hanging mortars tomorrow and will have the privelage of spending the night in the rain. Not a bad way to end off our training.

So far OSUT has been an adventure. My platoon has had some controversy in it. There have been 2 fights in my platoon, one was a mutual agreement to "squash the beef" another one wasn't really a fight but a broke dick sucker punched another PVT and then fled the bay. To top it off you can google PVT Handman, which happened in my platoon's laundry room. A week of sworn statements and investigations which ruined the morale of the company and one of my DS's especially.

Besides that every thing has gone well. My highest APFT score was a 297, my last APFT dropped into the 270's due to a lack of pt for a few weeks. Amost all of the DS's in my company are on there last cycle so they aren't too motivated to be here any longer. I was chosen as the Honor Grad for my platoon. I'm ready to graduate on DEC 12 and start some real training down the road. Airborne and airborne hold are both backed up. After exodus I will have to return to my OSUT company until airborne hold clears out. I will probably be waiting for a couple months until I make it to airborne which will give me ideal time to train and prepare myself for RIP.

I will keep up on sitreps as I continue my training and work my way to becoming a Ranger.
"Carpe diem"

shipdate: 20080814

Ranger The Sleepy Doc's Mentee
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Congrats and thanks for the sitrep. I just googled PVT Handman, that is pathetic. I cant believe that is going on in today's Army.
Me neither. Congratz Modus operandi. Do not get caught in this type of BS. Keep on the straight & narrow and stay morally true. Stay focused & drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Stay focussed and what's up with all this 290s BS? You have no excuse for anything less than 300. :D Go fix yourself.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “About OSUT”