ranger school

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

proudarmymomof2, PM (Private Message) Inbound.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

proudmommyof2, let me start out by saying thank you for what your sons do. now, let me address some of the issues you pointed out....as for the claim of the students aren't getting taken care of i can tell you that everytime i needed any medical attention i got it. all you have to do is ask. i had a temp of 104 when i was in darby and pulled from training for 4hrs while they got the chills to stop and broke the fever. i was advised it could come back and asked what i wanted to do...i chose to continue. in mountains i had a staph infection and cellulitis on my heel from a really bad blister (my dumbass bought brand new jungles before pre-ranger and decided that would be a good time to break them in) when i asked the RI to see the doc his words to me were "damn Ranger, i was wondering when you were gonna ask about to do that". i was put on tequin for a week which the medics made sure i had access to along with any products to clean my infection. and the last time i needed medical attention was when i passed out with heat exhaustion on the last day. i woke up in the back of an ambulance. luckily i wasn't out of training for more than 2 hrs and was able to go right back in. my point being i got the attention i needed everytime i asked for it and i had some pretty severe things go wrong. i dont know what unit he's in or how his deployments have been but i can say after being in combat arms for almost 6 years now no single course or experience has physically sucked more than Ranger school. it's designed that way. to simulate the stress of combat. you can't be killed or shot at or have people wounded there so the RI's make up for that by depriving your sleep, food and making you deal with non-life threatneing aches and pains. so my advice would be for you to tell your son to suck it up, drive and don't come home without the tab. when he's done the amount of pride he'll have will more than make up for any pain he's in.
10th mountain division 2/22 scout plt 2002-04
1/75th Ranger Regt 2004-2006
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
2011-present-10th Special Forces Group (A) Ft. Carson, CO

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”