Check this guy out!!!!

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
lawdog
Tadpole

Check this guy out!!!!

Post by lawdog »

I don't know if this has been posted before but Holy Shit this guy is fast. I can hold my own but this guy is good.

*EDIT* I had nothing to do with the avatar. Sorry. :oops:
Last edited by lawdog on June 4th, 2008, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Check this guy out!!!!

Post by Invictus »

lawdog wrote:I don't know if this has been posted before but Holy Shit this guy is fast. I can hold my own but this guy is good.

Dude, your avatar is cool, but maybe a tad to big :D
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Nice avatar, Elvis!! :lol: :lol:

lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

I swear I had nothing to do with that. I don't know who put it there, I'll assume it was Vee, and I can't fix the damn thing. I'll try and get Vee to fix it for me. Sorry about that.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

lawdog wrote:I swear I had nothing to do with that. I don't know who put it there, I'll assume it was Vee, and I can't fix the damn thing. I'll try and get Vee to fix it for me. Sorry about that.

Always remember the 3 rules.....

Admit Nothing
Deny Everything
Demand Proof

Oh and sometimes remember nothing
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

That is Travis Tomasie. He shoots for the AMU. Super nice guy, his old man shoots with us on occasion.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

MTRANGER wrote:
RTO wrote:
lawdog wrote:I swear I had nothing to do with that. I don't know who put it there, I'll assume it was Vee, and I can't fix the damn thing. I'll try and get Vee to fix it for me. Sorry about that.

Always remember the 3 rules.....

Admit Nothing
Deny Everything
Demand Proof

Oh and sometimes remember nothing

You forgot - make counter accusations!
Added to my list.

It's now 'the 4 rules' :lol:
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Countless hours of practice... muscle memory... I have seen him shoot... really smooth. But, I wonder how he does with bullets coming AT him. Or if you move his gear just a bit.

These guys are great... but they are gamers. I started shooting USPSA a few months ago... posted on it a bit... but, quickly lost interest in it. I can't wrap my mind around the "game" part of it, to be competitive. I am a tactical shooter, and to me, I am just too set in my current "mind set" to turn off what I do during the week.

Speed is good... but, I was told by one of the Grand Masters that I was shooting with... "Darren, SHOOT slow, but do EVERYTHING ELSE fast."

Meaning, run like fucking hell during stages, mag change before you even step out of the box... sights on target and concentrate... not necessarily "slow" between shots, just slow down enough to see your front sight.

Made sense to me.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Tomasi is a great guy. He used to shoot at Firearms Academy of Seattle. Great people run the place and for $275 or so (half that if you are active military) you can spend a weekend at their facility and brush up on rusty skills or put your wife through some decent training. They have room for campers so you don't even have to pay for a hotel room.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

rangertough wrote:Tomasi is a great guy. He used to shoot at Firearms Academy of Seattle. Great people run the place and for $275 or so (half that if you are active military) you can spend a weekend at their facility and brush up on rusty skills or put your wife through some decent training. They have room for campers so you don't even have to pay for a hotel room.

Tough
That's a great price... especially if it is "real" training. Don't get me wrong, I love to run and gun... but, I just couldn't wrap my head around the "game".

Points? Fuck.

Major vs Minor? I could care less... But, it is fun running against a clock. I just don't have that competitive edge needed. Maybe I should attend a fucking Depeche Mode Concert to get my man card back....
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

GSXRanger wrote:
rangertough wrote:Tomasi is a great guy. He used to shoot at Firearms Academy of Seattle. Great people run the place and for $275 or so (half that if you are active military) you can spend a weekend at their facility and brush up on rusty skills or put your wife through some decent training. They have room for campers so you don't even have to pay for a hotel room.

Tough
That's a great price... especially if it is "real" training. Don't get me wrong, I love to run and gun... but, I just couldn't wrap my head around the "game".

Points? fuck.

Major vs Minor? I could care less... But, it is fun running against a clock. I just don't have that competitive edge needed. Maybe I should attend a fucking Depeche Mode Concert to get my man card back....
Nope that wouldnt work
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Yup, that guy IS extremely fast, and I have heard from several people that he is a well liked guy.

But GSX is correct, put a bad guy in front of him, shooting back, in the rain, in the dark, and lets see what happens !

Kinda like those " professional " shooters who gallop around the country and go to these shooting matches wearing $ 350.00 shooting glasses with additional $ 2K in shooting equipment: They are good shots in a perfect, safe, controlled enviroment. Jump in front of them and say BOO and they couldn't hit California Kelly wearing a neon pink Depeche Mode t-shirt at 7 yards !!!!!!

:lol:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "

Return to “Weapons of War”