an interesting message from a Ranger Tabbed infantryman

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Knock out a hundred just for fucking posting that fucking shit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

So if you are wondering if RIP is more demanding than Basic/AIT/OSUT, the answer is yes. About half of the soldiers who report to RIP do not make it. Word.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

"I WAS GOING TO BE A RANGER, BUT.........."

Completeing RIP is possible....not easy! Making the grade in a Ranger Battallion is possible....not easy! Completing Ranger School is possible....not easy!

All things are possible if you set your mind that you are going to do it. Others have done it, there isn't any reason that you can't......if you want to badly enough!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

aight, ima be straight wit you....
my credentials are: in my signature.

The vast majority of Rangers on this site that went to a Ranger Battalion did so by the route of BASIC/AIT/AIRBORNE/RIP.

If it CAN be done, what else really matters?
I have serious doubts about your 'home boy' that sent you that.
He should smoke himself for his pathetic excuse for grammar.
RLTW375
Ranger

Post by RLTW375 »

What a Fucking Ass Clown... How many living proofs are out there that you CAN make it through RIP right out of Basic then Airborne......? I'm raising my Hand..... FUCK that Pussy......CAN'T!!!.............Fuck, I wan't to punch someone right now!!! :evil:

Oh and if your not even more motivated after getting this e-mail then you better Start Getting Fired Up!!! Now do more pushups for your fucked up Homie.....
RLTW
C co 3/75 2nd Plt 9MAR01-15AUG04
Class 11-02

Me Want OBR
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

"Can't" should not be part of your vocabulary. As we used to say: "Biet Dong Quan Sat!" Don't imitate -- initiate! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I'll tell you something, Basic Training has never been "Hard". When I went through basic (a lot more than 3 years ago) I constantly found myself thinking "Is this it?" Seriously, it's never as bad as expected.

The issue with "Privates that suck", I have found that 80% of the people that join the Army will be able to perform their job successfully given the right amount and type of leadership. That's right I said 80%, let's face it we are not building Rocket Engines and as long as a Soldier is willing to move forward under fire, he'll be ok. I have always found it troubling when a Team Leader claims a Soldier cannot be trained, once again I remind you that we're not building Rocket engines.

His complaint of "They have no discipline" is also troubling because as a Team Leader it is his primary and fundamental responsibility to enforce good order and discipline within his team. So if his Soldiers are Ill-disciplined it is a direct reflection of his failure as a leader.

Here's a larger problem the Army is going to be dealing with. The problem I see is that Soldiers who have deployed overseas and "survived" are more likely to assume that they are infallible and invincible. The belief that they are "The shit" is going to reduce the effectiveness of training events and is going to manifest itself in a lot of disciplinary problems. We (The Army) feed this culture of guys being "To cool for school" by kissing Joe's ass every time he does something remotely difficult.

We would do well to listen to guys like CSM Purdy, because he lived through the return from Vietnam and the rebuilding of the Army. His lessons are ones that unless we pay attention and mind what he says, we will end up repeating the process.

All in all I think the "Kid" that wrote this Email needs a kick in the ass by his Squad Leader.

Oh Yeah his advice "the smart thing to do is to just go regular infantry" is given because he is jealous of the opportunity you have. Get through your training and when you are wearing your Tan beret...Call him a LEG!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Ranger Bill wrote:So if you are wondering if RIP is more demanding than Basic/AIT/OSUT, the answer is yes. About half of the soldiers who report to RIP do not make it. Word.
So real! :lol:
Viking
Ranger

Post by Viking »

Maximus wrote:roger
Did you just call somebody an asshole?
A Co, 3/75 92-95. RS 9-93

Return to “About RASP”