Airborne Qualification (Right section I think?) update

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

JLTW!!! wrote:It's this whole divorce thing, and definitely not the right answer.....been depressed and getting soft from not doing PT, so I am trying to get out of this funk, Ranger up, and get my shit back together. This shit sucks...... :( but getting fucked up makes it not suck as bad. Good thing I still have goals to reach in the Army b/c that helps keep me sane and is helping me to regain focus on the things I can control. Having said that, I am not promising that there won't be anymore drunk posting 8)
That will definately do it to you bro.. The wife and I were on the verge of divorce. Infact if we are still not 100% back together but we are trying to work through it. Anyways, when it all went down I started to get really depressed, wasn't eating right. It really took a toll on my daily performance. Sorry to hear that your going through it bro. If you ever need someone to vent to (drunk or sober) don't hesistate to call me. I'm here for your Ranger buddy.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

run the same pace and same distance. next week run a little farther at the same pace. i run m/w/f and lift every day. tue and thur i either do elliptical, stairmaster, stair stepper, stationary biking or lunges. there's alot of things you can do. you can try some of those exercises and see how they work for you.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I think the pre-qualification you have is only for cadets looking to go the BAC. I think you should follow Ranger SupplyRanger's advice and you will be fine.

He's spot on about those slow ass runs. When you get to a rifle company you'll be running that same distance at least a minute faster per mile, in company formation.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

andok wrote:Ok I'll do it again on Saturday and I also have a schedule made up for lifting and running and just other PT that I'm going to get on. With the qualification run next Wednesday at 0600 what would you say is the last day I should run?
You know your body better than I do so you know when your legs feel smoked how long it takes for them to recover. Treat it like a normal APFT. Concentrate on stretching if you feel sore instead of running. Stretch and relax. Get a good meal that night, hot shower and prep yourself for the next days events. Don't stress over this bro really. Your going to be fine. Good luck with your qual time.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

# 1
andok wrote:I did find a workout for the elliptical that I kind of made my own and then just ran for a half mile, I'm going to keep looking for something that will fit a little better. I also got a lifting plan from a buddy of mine in ROTC who also wrestles so I started that yesterday as well. As far as tomorrow, I have to run the AGR during PT, we don't really have a choice in that, but I'll take it kind of easy and won't do any other running. On Saturday should I do the 5 miles at about the same pace or should I go farther? I've also been doing push ups and ab workouts on my own. The "Perfect Pushup" that they advertise on TV has helped improve my pushups a lot. Thanks a lot for all the advice
Should be
andok wrote:Rangers, I did find a workout for the elliptical that I kind of made my own and then just ran for a half mile, I'm going to keep looking for something that will fit a little better. I also got a lifting plan from a buddy of mine in ROTC who also wrestles so I started that yesterday as well. As far as tomorrow, I have to run the AGR during PT, we don't really have a choice in that, but I'll take it kind of easy and won't do any other running. On Saturday should I do the 5 miles at about the same pace or should I go farther? I've also been doing push ups and ab workouts on my own. The "Perfect Pushup" that they advertise on TV has helped improve my pushups a lot. Thanks a lot for all the advice

andok wrote:Roger. We have an AGR Friday as well, should I take it easy on Friday after the run Thursday or push myself pretty hard?
Should be:
andok wrote:Roger Ranger SupplyRanger. We have an AGR Friday as well, should I take it easy on Friday after the run Thursday or push myself pretty hard?
andok wrote:
SupplyRanger wrote:To help you get a feel for what its like to land, go outside your house and backoff from it about 8ft and then run as fast as you can into the wall.
I just read through this again and caught what you really said here, gave me a good laugh :lol:

andok wrote:
SupplyRanger wrote:To help you get a feel for what its like to land, go outside your house and backoff from it about 8ft and then run as fast as you can into the wall.
Should be:
Ranger SupplyRanger I just read through this again and caught what you really said here, gave me a good laugh :lol:
then you do it again? :evil:

andok wrote:I did find a workout for the elliptical that I kind of made my own and then just ran for a half mile, I'm going to keep looking for something that will fit a little better. I also got a lifting plan from a buddy of mine in ROTC who also wrestles so I started that yesterday as well. As far as tomorrow, I have to run the AGR during PT, we don't really have a choice in that, but I'll take it kind of easy and won't do any other running. On Saturday should I do the 5 miles at about the same pace or should I go farther? I've also been doing push ups and ab workouts on my own. The "Perfect Pushup" that they advertise on TV has helped improve my pushups a lot. Thanks a lot for all the advice
Should be:
andok wrote:Ranger SupplyRanger, I did find a workout for the elliptical that I kind of made my own and then just ran for a half mile, I'm going to keep looking for something that will fit a little better. I also got a lifting plan from a buddy of mine in ROTC who also wrestles so I started that yesterday as well. As far as tomorrow, I have to run the AGR during PT, we don't really have a choice in that, but I'll take it kind of easy and won't do any other running. On Saturday should I do the 5 miles at about the same pace or should I go farther? I've also been doing push ups and ab workouts on my own. The "Perfect Pushup" that they advertise on TV has helped improve my pushups a lot. Thanks a lot for all the advice
andok, You will address all Rangers properly.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

So are you going?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Kid, I really haven't read everyones posts (and that's my fault), but if your worried about running.............which many newbies do....

Then work on the problem you perceived it to be.

RUN...............THEN RUN SOME MORE AND WHEN YOU START TO GET TIRED DO PUSHUPS AND GET BACK UP AND RUN SOME MORE.

Personally I thought Airborne School wasn't shit. But...........and remember this stud.

With every school you undertake, make damn sure you are PREPARED!!!

Now go on now and make it happen.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “About Airborne School”