Im really fuckin confused...

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Ando

Im really fuckin confused...

Post by Ando »

Um...Im a Brit, so forgive me. But im really confused by the way your training system works. My experience in the UK was, i signed up to be a Royal Marine Commando, went to the Commando Training Centre and stayed there for five months (the course is 6 months, but i got put in hospital by 12 morons. Ando - 2 KO, 1 down and bleeding. 12 Assholes - 1 Ando...heh, not bad for a 16 yr old school leaver) getting beasted up and down hills, carrying shitloads of weight and running lots. Plus lots of weapons training, live firing, getting shot at with live ammunition on woodbury common, running, pt, running and beasting. The course culminates in the Commando Course, which is four weeks of Commando tests etc. So in total we train for about 7 months non-stop, no leave.

What do you guys do?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Im really fuckin confused...

Post by Steadfast »

Ando wrote:Um...Im a Brit, so forgive me. But im really confused by the way your training system works. My experience in the UK was, i signed up to be a Royal Marine Commando, went to the Commando Training Centre and stayed there for five months (the course is 6 months, but i got put in hospital by 12 morons. Ando - 2 KO, 1 down and bleeding. 12 Assholes - 1 Ando...heh, not bad for a 16 yr old school leaver) getting beasted up and down hills, carrying shitloads of weight and running lots. Plus lots of weapons training, live firing, getting shot at with live ammunition on woodbury common, running, pt, running and beasting. The course culminates in the Commando Course, which is four weeks of Commando tests etc. So in total we train for about 7 months non-stop, no leave.

What do you guys do?
We frown on school leavers. :evil:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

He didn't leave.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Luna wrote:He didn't leave.
Check again, he said he did.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Ando,
We train the mind and the body!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ando

Ok cool.

Post by Ando »

Ok, cool. The only difference between the content of the training that i can see is that the Royal Marines carry out all training at their own Commando Training Centre, where as the Rangers field soldiers out to various schools. Thanks.

Ranger Steadfast, im not a drop-out, over here we graduate at 16. Sorry for the confusion there...

I got good grades, but didnt want to go to college.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Horned Toad wrote:Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!
:lol:
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Horned Toad wrote:Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!Hemorrhage is a TOOL!!!!
I second that

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”