New DEPper - Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Ray, welcome to the site. Outstanding intro.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Why is it that people like me, the ones who didnt have their heart set on a Ranger contract get it and people like you Ray have to go over and over again. I went there lookin for airborne and 11x with a ship date around september, they said all we got for that is a Ranger contract I said uhh sure that works. Now I am so glad I made that decision. Great post Ranger Earth Pig that was very very motivating I know I will have to read that before I ship out a few more times over again.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

blacksrt4 wrote:Why is it that people like me, the ones who didnt have their heart set on a Ranger contract get it and people like you Ray have to go over and over again?
What was your GT Score Black Skirt?
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

My GT was on 110 on the money.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I didnt know of the option 40, so I thought you had to be in the army for a while first then go to a Batt., so when they said you get a chance at batt. I said well sure give me a chance.
Bell

Post by Bell »

You're the man Ray. I've been reading this thread and see that some of the DEPers with many posts still don't know what it's all about. You've done well.

My idea of a good little DEPer is the one that comes on and says that he's got everything he wanted in his contract because he read and took our advice. Now he's posting to say goodbye and thanks for all the information we provided. And he's got less than 10 posts. Good little DEPer.

For all you DEPers that wonder how it works, it's simple. Don't sign until you have what ya want. Period. Then go and read Ray's posts. That's how it's done.

Thanks Ray. Keep up the good work and you'll go far. Don't ever quit. I see good things for you in the future and expect to hear back from you when you get to Battalion. You're the man I want to see RANGER under his user name. Good luck.

RLTW
Bell
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Congrats Ray. Keep on driven. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Ray80
Infantryman

Post by Ray80 »

Ranger Bell wrote: My idea of a good little DEPer is the one that comes on and says that he's got everything he wanted in his contract because he read and took our advice. Now he's posting to say goodbye and thanks for all the information we provided. And he's got less than 10 posts. Good little DEPer.
Bell
Ranger Bell,

If this board will have me, I'd like to stick around for a while and say goodbye in September, when I ship. I have read your advice on airborneranger.com and only needed to read two posts on waiting for the correct contract. I formulated my plan from those two posts alone. I had meant to thank you privately via PM, but everyone should know from whom my information came from.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Ray80 wrote:If this board will have me, I'd like to stick around for a while and say goodbye in September, when I ship.
We want you to stick around. That is what we are here for. We love to give advice to young suared away deppers. You've already experienced things in life, that most of the deppers have'nt. Stick around. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks Ray. It's good to know that the information we put out does some good once in awhile. Makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time.

Everything we say on these boards is for the young men wanting to be what we were, and for some of us, what we are. We will do everything we can to get you guys into the Battalions. It's up to you and RIP then your squad leaders to see if you have what it takes to stay there.

It makes me proud to see fellas come onto these boards dumber than a sack of shit with all their stupid questions then return saying they graduated RIP. I love it. Makes me prouder to see guys like you Ray who has their shit squared away, that pays attention, that listens and learns, come back and report that they made it through RIP. That's my designator for completing a successful mission. Being able to place RANGER under that user name.

Drive on and complete the mission. You seem to have a grip on things so hang around and help some of these confused kids out. They need it.

RLTW
Bell
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

That is the most HOOAH post I have read. Makes me wanna' sign up again. I took the same approach (20 years ago), hello DEPers it works. I hope you can keep your focus and make it all the way.

The MEPS FAG tried to get me to sign up as a cook?????Spartan how funny would I look in that white monkey outfit they wear?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bell

Post by Bell »

CUTE?

Already in the bunker. hahahhahaha

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Introduction Archive”