Ranger Assault Carrying Kit

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
apod
Embryo

Post by apod »

Rangers; I just looked up the rack on google and it looks like a pretty versatile piece of kit.I have a question though.Are they any good for patrolling or are they strictly a rapid deployment /cqb item?

The reason i ask is that the irish army recently started issuing chest rigs(brit plce pattern/irish camo)for overseas service,but the carrying capacity is limited.Most guys still use their normal plce webgear if going out for longer than a day on ops/ex cos it can carry more.

Do you guys have the same problem? :?:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Racks work great as an all around item. They are the cat's meow. Too bad they don't issue our hooah's them anymore.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

When I was in, the RACK was a hard item to come by. The sort of gear that you had to trade some shit for. I loved it. It allowed you to tailor your gear for the specific mission. The Hellcat chest rig is superior though in my experience. It holds the mags behind the Molle webbing which allows you to either carry more mags or other shit in front of the chest harness. It is made of better materials than the RACK out of Nadic Labs.
From 97' - 01' the Rangers in 3rd, including me were given alot of freedom to use other equipment and modify it as we saw fit within reason. This liberal outlook by the chain of coomand had no doubt a positive effect when it came to the completion of the mission.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Doc and BM,
I can say that we (The 173d) are allowed that same flexability you mention and it works great. I think the MOLLE rack is a little bulky but it better than the LCE any day. I wore mine for e year and beside losing a puch during the jump (I might have exited alittle late) it worked as expected. Once we got stationary long enough I worte Tactical tailor about the pouch seperating during an aircraft egress exit they sent me a new pouch free of charge.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Personal Gear”