Should A New 5.56mm Load Be Developed for The M4 ?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Right on with your post Want2Race. I hope the issues of barrel length vs accuracy and the effectiveness of a tumbling 5.56 projectile have been reinforced for some guys in the forum. Also, thanks for the info on why the Army changed the twist and bullet design, did not know that. It figures that the motivation for the change was from the guys from the shooting team, always seems to be the case even in the civilian world.

Would like to add that "Tactics" is the common denominator in personal combat. He who has the best tactics is the winnner, WMD excluded of course. I would bet that if you review the events of any deadly confrontation, be it a CQB or armies going at it, that the type of weapon deployed made only a marginal difference in the outcome. So, one soldier armed with 5.56 and one with 7.62, it will be the best tactician who will walk away.

Some might think i am harping on this issue too much but i hope that its importance is making some change their mindset about bullet calibur, etc...whether they are in the bush or in the hood.

TAP TAP

Return to “Weapons of War”