Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:There was a preview for Dark Knight (Batman Begins II), it looks good; but, I liked Batman Begins better than all the other Batman movies, minus the Michael keaton one.
Yep I concur ....took them years to finally get it right. Batman has to be played with an edge......a man on the ragged edge of sanity / control. Walking a thin line.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I am Legend was great except for the very end when a grenade exploded like an atomic bomb. I have not read the book, and don't remember Omega Man much at all, so I can't compare the current movie to its predecessors.

There was a preview for Dark Knight (Batman Begins II), it looks good; but, I liked Batman Begins better than all the other Batman movies, minus the Michael keaton one.
Classic movie right there, Omega Man with Charlton Heston, great fucking movie.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Went to see "I am Legend". IMO the movie sucks. Will Smith does a decent job of acting but the movie DOES NOT do the book justice. I know this isnt a hollywood first of fucking up a good book, but this movie was actually boring and the ending was unsatisfying. This is definitely a "wait till it comes out on DVD movie".
I have to agree.

I read the book a long time ago... and saw The Omega Man, even LONGER ago... to date, The Omega Man is one of my FAVORITE movies. Charlton Heston rocked that shit.

Now, don't get me wrong... Will Smith did an amazing job, showing emotion and shit, but... damn, talk about a PLOT let down. If you read the book before you see the movie, you will be greatly disappointed. If you see the movie first, do yourself a favor, read the book after then.

Also, check out T.O.M. on Netflix, or Blockbuster... definitely a great flick.

I really wish they had stuck more to the original concept about the Virus and not gotten into the whole Vampire / Zombie mutant human bullshit.

Oh, and the little Brazilian girl (Alice Braga)... SMOKIN hot. But, no skin.

Visual effects, some thrills, monologue from Smith... the movie was decent at best.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

The part about the dog made me sad.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I am Legend was great except for the very end when a grenade exploded like an atomic bomb.
A super secret imperialist evil military weapon ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RogerThat
Embryo

Post by RogerThat »

I just saw I am legend last night, I am glad I didn't see t.o.m. or read the book, I like to see the movie first, because movies always don't do the books justice. I thought it was alright, the dog was sad though.

The DARK KNIGHT looks like it's going to be BAD ACE FLICK. I'm excited :D :D
C Co. 2-124 Inf (2003- Present)
HHC Scouts 2-124 (2004-2005)
OIF 1 (2003-2004)
ADSW FLARNG (AUG 2007- Present)
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

RogerThat wrote:I just saw I am legend last night, I am glad I didn't see t.o.m. or read the book, I like to see the movie first, because movies always don't do the books justice. I thought it was alright, the dog was sad though.

What the FUCK is a BAD ACE FLICK? :?

It does look bad ASS though...
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

GSXRanger wrote:
RogerThat wrote:I just saw I am legend last night, I am glad I didn't see t.o.m. or read the book, I like to see the movie first, because movies always don't do the books justice. I thought it was alright, the dog was sad though.

What the FUCK is a BAD ACE FLICK? :?

It does look bad ASS though...

There's only one Ace.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets last night. t was a pretty good flick, but they could have elaorated on the story a bit more. Cage found the place to damn quick, you couldn't follow what was going on.

He did do a good job at baiting the POTUS.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

hit_it wrote:Saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets last night. t was a pretty good flick, but they could have elaorated on the story a bit more. Cage found the place to damn quick, you couldn't follow what was going on.

He did do a good job at baiting the POTUS.
I just watched it also. You're right, they should have elaborated on the story more. I don't buy the City of Gold way up in SD; but, I could be wrong. I thought it was supposed to be in Central America??? I'm not that knowledgeable on that subject, though.

I saw this hanging in the theater:

I am fucking psyched!
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

PLANET TERROR IS AWESOME!
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

KeyserS175

Post by KeyserS175 »

You want to know what is REALLY sad, the last movie I saw in the theatre was Return of the King!!! But I did just get The Simpsons movie and it is the GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!!
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Has anyone seen Alien Vs. Predator - Requiem yet???

Is it decent? Does it suck?

Netflix or Big Screen??
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

GSXRanger wrote:Has anyone seen Alien Vs. Predator - Requiem yet???

Is it decent? Does it suck?

Netflix or Big Screen??
I dunno, but the last one was worst ever & prolly in the bottom 5 of all movies of all times. They sure know how to ruin a good thing.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”