Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

What the hell is up with Napoleon Dynamite? Everyone's tellin me I should watch it, but that it's dumb but funny. Funny how? Like, this movie is retarded funny or the plot is dumb but the humor makes up for it?

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Malarkey wrote:What the hell is up with Napoleon Dynamite? Everyone's tellin me I should watch it, but that it's dumb but funny. Funny how? Like, this movie is retarded funny or the plot is dumb but the humor makes up for it?

Malarkey
I tried to watch it but my DVD player didnt like it and spit it out, I didnt argue with the machine on this one, didnt think I was missing anything.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

I think it looks pretty dumb too. Oh well, I'll end up watching it anyway, just so I know what the hell everyone's talking about.

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
tN4rg
Tadpole

Post by tN4rg »

I'd have to say, it's pretty funny. It's situational humor. A loser kid, his loser friend, doing loser things in a loser town. The plot is nonexistant, but really.. Who cares?
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

Malarkey wrote:What the hell is up with Napoleon Dynamite? Everyone's tellin me I should watch it, but that it's dumb but funny. Funny how? Like, this movie is retarded funny or the plot is dumb but the humor makes up for it?

Malarkey
I thought it was funny as hell. The only person I have met who saw it but didn't like it is a lady I work with who is in her forties. (I don't like her anyway.) I would suggest looking up the trailer on www.apple.com/trailers . If you like the trailer, you'll like the movie. That was my experience; I thought the trailer looked funny as hell, and the movie was just an hour and a half of the same.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
Jared G.
Ranger

Post by Jared G. »

rgrpuck wrote:you know one movie that I failed to post as well as anyone else and is a great war movie about an american insurgency.

The Outlaw Josey Whales.

"You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie ?
Absolutely
Bco 3/75 1st sq. 1st Plt. 97-00
eltrane
Tadpole

Post by eltrane »

We just rented 'Employee of the Month', and it didn't suck. Pretty obvious references to getting burned, but worth the 3-4 bucks to rent it.
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88
IroningBoy
Tadpole

Post by IroningBoy »

Just saw the preview for this. I am wondering what your take on it is... Do you think it will turn out to be another Michael Moore mockery of the ARMY and our Military in general? Or a honest ground level documentary? It's hard to tell.. I think its gonna be at least 70% Hollywood bullshit, but you never really know until you watch it.

Gunner's Palace:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808628849&cf=info
DEP Shipping Out 20050712
MOS 11x ARBN W/ Opt 40

:twisted: Mentee to RangerJew :twisted:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Just watched Collateral the other night. Tom Cruise is a bad mutherfucker in that movie. He spent 3 months training with an SAS guy on pistol shooting. You can tell because he is fast as shit.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

H8 Train wrote:... fast as shit.

:?

Shit's only fast when it's diarrhea
RSD 96-99
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger H8 Train wrote:Just watched Collateral the other night. Tom Cruise is a bad mutherfucker in that movie. He spent 3 months training with an SAS guy on pistol shooting. You can tell because he is fast as shit.
I believe that's Andy McNab. Michael Mann (the director) used him as a technical advisor for HEAT. Michael Mann has always tried to get the gunplay in his movies/tv shows accurate. He had an IPSC Grand Master guy in an episode of Miami Vice draw from the surrender position from Mexican-carry and drill some guys. Freaking sweet.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

waterwings wrote:.

But back to the topic. Napoleon Dynamite is so like my brother its fuckin scary. You probably wont ever meet my brother in your life time, but he's exactly like Napoleon Dynamite. Its creepy. :shock:

:
So what your saying is is that you both come from the same gene pool? I take it that it is the shallow end?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “The Mosh Pit”