Hobbies

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Too Long
Embryo

Post by Too Long »

Paintball, Ice Hockey, shooting, and motorcycling.

"Darkness is a friend to the skilled infantryman."
-Captain Sir Basil Liddell Hart
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

You guys are giving me a complex. Im seeing all this touchy feely shit thinking..."fuck, I must be a sick sumbitch". I guess I better keep my hobbies to my damned self or none of you fuckers will come out and play.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Terry Welshan wrote:Just a question, does violating armpits count as a hobby, passion, obsession, aggression, pastime, or social disorder ?

Yes,....yes it does. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Terry Welshan wrote:Just a question, does violating armpits count as a hobby, passion, obsession, aggression, pastime, or social disorder ?
In case the Preacher's parable was a little translucent he said (Layman's terms) "All of the above."
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Stickman
Tadpole

Post by Stickman »

Kung fu, online gaming, body boarding ( I haven't learned to surf yet :( ) and reading.
A 2-505
C 1-506 Camp Greaves, S. Korea

Have you seen my keys to Area J?
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Hunting....Just about anything outside.....Horses ..and History.

Yeah I said history.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

rgrpuck wrote:Hunting....Just about anything outside.....Horses ..and History.

Yeah I said history.
I do history too. Not a hobby...it's an Academic pursuit. I visit graveyards, ......(I see dead people)
RS Class # 7-76

AmyDoll

Post by AmyDoll »

Abell9 wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:Hunting....Just about anything outside.....Horses ..and History.

Yeah I said history.
I do history too. Not a hobby...it's an Academic pursuit. I visit graveyards, ......(I see dead people)
I find graveyards very peaceful. I visited an exceptionally beautiful one outside of Dublin. That was many moons ago, but I remember it vividly probably more than all of my other vacations.
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Hey Ranger steadfast!
Remembering the lego's you mentioned. Do you remember Lincoln logs and Rock'um sock'um robots?
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Warriorwife wrote:Hey Ranger steadfast!
Remembering the lego's you mentioned. Do you remember Lincoln logs and Rock'um sock'um robots?
I do!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Steadfast »

Chiron wrote:
Warriorwife wrote:Hey Ranger steadfast!
I do!
I never mentioned Lego"s - I think Doorgunner mentioned Lego's. I had plastic bricks. Lego's came out much later as did Rock'um Sock'um Robots. I do not recall Lincoln Logs at all. But Ginny doll was around. I had a Fort set with 186 plastic guys I got when I was 6 (hmmm, that was 50 years ago). It was called the Alamo. It had stockade walls painted on tin with small canons that fired little ammo made out of balled up and compressed cotton. I had fun with it but I kept losing men.

Then started the craze by Tyco and Atlas with the small cars with electric motors that drove on slotted race tracks. Just a few years ago, I gave my nephew a case with about 10 cars that still ran.

Then I went with my brother to some trading swap meet that had these cars for sale. Cars we paid $1.25 for were selling for $35. Forgetaboutit!

Today at the V.A. some guy was asking if anyone remembers having either a diver or a submarine that came in a ceral box. You added baking soda under a cap on the toy's body and in the tub the diver and sub submerged and resurfaced after the baking soda dissapated. It was real cool remembering this shit with the fella's.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”