Charby
Embryo

Post by Charby »

Roger SkyShark, Pushing them out.
RenaissanceMan
Tadpole

Re: DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

Post by RenaissanceMan »

hit_it wrote:Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through? I will be processing through MEPS in Chicago.

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here I have learned more about the U.S. Army and Ranger School from the Rangers, Veterans, and members on this website than any other source. This website is the best resource for learning about the path I am taking into the U.S. Army and Ranger School. I have found the Rangers, Veterans, and members here to be the most comitted, informed, selfless, and dedicated people I have come across in the U.S. Military. When I posted my introductoin here, I was smoked accordingly, as I was too hasty and ignorant to have realized that rules and regulations apply here. I did not pay attention to detail, and I was chewed out accordingly. Following a rather lengthy period of chewing and smoking, I was contacted by several Rangers and Veterans. These individuals not only took the time to explain why I was getting heat, but demonstrated why it is the best method by which to learn what I need to learn to succeed and graduate Ranger School. I am indebted beyond words to the Rangers and members of the site for taking the time and applying the effort they did to squaring me away. Yes, I respond to any and all orders accordingly, including any order for exercise. I believe that if I weren't, I would only be fooling myself, as I would be the only one who would know I was too cowardly to submit myself to the demands of Rangers and Veterans who know what is needed to succeed on this path. I am proud of being a self-possessed person, but I did not know exactly why I was on this path and what it truly demands of me personally to succeed until I came into contact with the Rangers and Veterans here on the site. The motivation and inspiration I have found here among the Rangers and Veterans reminds me of exactly why I have chosen the path to becoming a Ranger and earning the Ranger Tab. I am unmentionably stronger thanks to the commitment the Rangers and Veterans here have shown in helping and pushing me along the path.

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site? After my involvement on this site, I feel informed and confident to continue talking to my recruiter (who I had been in contact with for some time even before being directed to this site).

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not? I am not qualified to answer that question, as I am not yet a veteran. I believe that the honest and forthright Rangers and Veterans here would offer me nothing but an accurate portrayal.
Please answer these questions as thoroughly as possible but do not include your recruiter's names.

This information will be used by myself, Ranger gpatmac and the Rangers of this site to assess you.

Use your integrity.
46 and 2 are just ahead of me.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

JarHedSolja wrote:
SkyShark wrote:I was joking. :D
Don't be an asshole...

Charby... Keep going.
neither one of you need to be fucking around in SFCHit_it's lane here.

I don't know what rank you held SkyShark, but Jarhed, you need to act like an NCO. remember, you are being watched at all times by your soldiers. Your actions set the example and the standard for your soldiers. Know when to fuck around at the right time and place, and when not to.

both of you push.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Bell

Post by Bell »

KW Driver wrote:
JarHedSolja wrote:
Don't be an asshole...

Charby... Keep going.

I don't know what rank you held SkyShark, but Jarhed, you need to act like an NCO. remember, you are being watched at all times by your soldiers. Your actions set the example and the standard for your soldiers. Know when to fuck around at the right time and place, and when not to.

both of you push.
Cool.

RLTW
Bell
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

KW Driver wrote:
JarHedSolja wrote:
Don't be an asshole...

Charby... Keep going.

both of you push.
Knockin'em out, Ranger KW.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Too Long
Embryo

Post by Too Long »

1.Southern Maine, I processed through MEPS in Portland.

2.I have not had my ass chewed out because I stick to the shadows watching and learning, only speaking when spoken to.

3.I was recruited before I found the site unfortunately.

4.I feel that in alot of ways it is. You must follow common rules and regulations, show proper respect, keep military bearing, at the same time doing pt, talking, learning news and if the time is right joking around.

-too long
sidenote:just returned from BCT at Fort Sill OK, lots of fun, currently attending college for a degree in criminal justice and I'll start ROTC next year
JBrehm

Post by JBrehm »

SFC Hit_it and everyone else,

If the thread has changed it's topic I apologize for writing this, but this is my response to the initial question; as for me, I'm even more eager to join from my limited experience in getting ripped into. I enjoy getting corrected that way, moreso than having someone say "naw, forget it, it's no big deal". I enjoy getting ass kicked. More of it I say! Nothing better than ass kicking for us civilians and those contemplating military service.

Sincerely,
Josh
AnotherDumbKid
Tadpole

Post by AnotherDumbKid »

Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?
-I was recruited from the Louisville, KY area and processed through Louisville MEPS

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here.
-Am I shaken, not so much. However, I do respect and believe the advice given from the Rangers and prior/current service members. I am still 100% committed to the Army. I have learned a great amount on here and do the assignments required.

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?
-N/A

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?
-Yes I believe it is an accurate protrail due to the fact of the integrity which Rangers tend to hold themselves. As far as other service members comments' I look to see how their integrity holds up by watching Rangers.
GrowOrDie
Soldier

Post by GrowOrDie »

[quote="hit_it"]
1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through? I'm from Ohio and was processed through the Cleveland MEPS station

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here-

I'm not shaken by it, that could the wrong term. Its more of a kick in the ass that helps me realize I need to get my shit squared away. I know if i'm being chewed out there is good reason for it, I need to read through it, find out what I did wrong, correct the behavior and drive on.

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site? N/A

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not? I don't believe any other site on the internet is closer. I come here because I know the information I get is accurate and told to me as it would be in a military setting.
quote]
Breachman/Gunner
Bandit Comany
TF 4/64
3ID- Currently deployed to OIF 5 07-09
JayD aka FNG
Embryo

Post by JayD aka FNG »

hit_it wrote:
1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?

Please answer these questions as thoroughly as possible but do not include your recruiter's names.

This information will be used by myself, Ranger gpatmac and the Rangers of this site to assess you.

Use your integrity.

1) Originally decided to go in the Army when I was in Washinton state, but went through recruitment in Fremont, California. Processed at Sacremento MEPS.

2) Haven't received any ass chewing as such, but reading the ones other people got, certainly made me cautious about posting.

3/4) NA/not enough info.. I'll tell you when I get to Ft. Jackson.. maybe :P
Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny.
madeinmoscow

Post by madeinmoscow »

SFC hit_it:

1. I am not a DEP (yet), so I am not qualified to answer this question.

2. I was not shaken, as I am not an average 18yo fresh-out-of-highschool “dude,â€
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

bump
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Post by DirtyBlackSocks »

hit_it wrote:Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

Use your integrity.
1. Recruited from Moreno Valley, CA processed through Los Angeles, CA MEPS.

2. Ass chewings are nothing new to me, if I feel I received them with only good intentions I let them roll off my back and make a note to not repeat any mistakes I've made. If I were told to do any exercises I would have no problems executing them. While I don't believe I've received an ass ripping on any level yet, they tend to make me second guess myself at first and then set my resolve to a higher level. Motivation comes in many forms. Through this site I have learned more about RIP and the general mindset it takes to become a Ranger then all other sites I've browsed combined.

4. I believe this to be an accurate portrayal of military life to the extent that it can be through the internet. I have no military experience yet so I can't make a judgement on this based around anything concrete, but you have soldiers who know their shit and future soldiers who get chewed out for not knowing their shit. All in all the attitudes on here are professional and everyone in a whole seems to be willing to work towards bettering one another. I can only hope that the same team effort is given in the Army itself.

Edit: Corrected some mispelled words.
Last edited by DirtyBlackSocks on February 16th, 2006, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Hunter wrote:
hit_it wrote:
Jacksonville FL. Manadrin MEPS

hit_it wrote: 2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here
Getting ripped doesn't affect me like it used to when my skin wasn't as thick (which is why I pushed the envelop when I first showed up), but it always hits home. Words spoken in aggrivation always bear the mark of truth. I haven't been told to do any exercises, but I have been told to punch myself in the mouth for a ridiculous amount of repetitions. Instead I did 50 - 4 count repetitions of about 10 exercises just so I wouldn't feel like I was cutting any corners. (Ironically enough my leg muscles were spazziing out when I finished and I ended up going face first into my bathroom door).

hit_it wrote: 3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?
There was never a question that I was going to put all my effort toward getting into SOCOM. This site however, has given me a deeper look into the SOCOM community and the realization that the trials of selection are a small price to pay when compared with the rewards.
hit_it wrote: 4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?
Yes, and nothing less. I have been dealt with and have dealt with people/subordinates in the same manner in the same manner as is done on this site. Not just in spectacularly profane assualts on their ability/performance/BMI/ego, but in brutal honesty with no sugar added.
Alot of the: "Sid'down when the men are talking."
But comparing what I've done to what my bruh (Ranger Parallax) has told me, I think this mimicks the 75th more than anything, and rightfully so.

You are the last motherfucker we wanted to hear from.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”