Where is the Best BBQ?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Pop
Ranger Parent/Moderator

Re: Where is the Best BBQ?

Post by Pop »

Hung Low wrote:
Silverback wrote:Dreamland BBQ has very good ribs.
Agreed. I went to the one in Montgomery and I was a little impressed. When asked I now tell people the best BBQ is in Alabama.

However the WORST BBQ style is North Carolina. Place called Cooper's in downtown Raleigh prides itself as being the best NC style BBQ. Its watery and vinegar-based.
No place west of I 95 has a clue about Eastern North Carolina style BBQ & Raleigh is definitely west of I 95. Never heard of Coopers and for damn good reason it appears. Parkers - Wilson and Greenville are good, Bee's in Greenville & the Starlight in Ayden are my favorites. But there are other darn good places nearby.
2/75 Dad
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Rangertab1 wrote:For you 2nd Batters, theres a place down in Centralia that did/does some decent BBQ. Can't remember the name, but he bought his pit from Texas. Hauled it back to WA in a horsetrailer. Overall, WA sucked for BBQ.
Rangertab1,

Wouldn't be 2 Old Crows and a Hen Country Style BBQ by any chance would it? Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

smokn38 wrote:Ontonagon, Michigan in November. :D
Jeez! Shut the fuck up!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Bravo57 wrote: Bubba, you gonna back me on Ft. Mitchell BBQ? Or did the place burn down again...... Best pulled pork, good brisket
still standing, but Hog Rock BBQ in Phenix City is better, sorry no-show
Yeah yeah... Have to wait 2 years to make that up.

never been to Hog Rock. Gonna have to check it out in August.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Rangertab1
Tadpole

Post by Rangertab1 »

I can't remember the name Jenny Lynn. It is right off I-5 on the West side, as you enter Centralia. He is flyin a Texas flag. The name you mention doesn't ring a bell. I hear he is still doing BBQ and didn't flood out like much of the town did.
Outstanding! I get to lead my family through humanity's next mass die-off. -Me

Commissioned, Lamar University - 19 December 1992
Ranger School Class 10-93
S4 RSE PL, 2/75 93-94
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Just taked with a hillbilly buddy of mine. He said that "Rendezvous Ribs" were the best he's ever had, hands down

He gave me a link to the site.

http://www.hogsfly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody eaten there? Looks like you can order a full rack of ribs. I think I'm going to try them out.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Bravo57 wrote:Just taked with a hillbilly buddy of mine. He said that "Rendezvous Ribs" were the best he's ever had, hands down

Anybody eaten there? Looks like you can order a full rack of ribs. I think I'm going to try them out.
I've been there. Had a full rack, half wet half dry. Pretty good, but not my favorite.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Bravo57 wrote:Just taked with a hillbilly buddy of mine. He said that "Rendezvous Ribs" were the best he's ever had, hands down

Not the best I've had, but right up there at the top.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Rangertab1 wrote:I can't remember the name Jenny Lynn. It is right off I-5 on the West side, as you enter Centralia. He is flyin a Texas flag. The name you mention doesn't ring a bell. I hear he is still doing BBQ and didn't flood out like much of the town did.
Rangertab1,
Looks like I may need to do a recon mission down I-5, it's moral imperative need to check out Texas BBQ haven't had any before sounds like I'm missing out :lol: :lol: :lol:
we can't have that now :mrgreen: Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

I'm going to be in 2nd Bat territory on Memorial Day...and no good BBQ, except one place? Blasphemy! Guess I'm going to have to make it to Lockhart this summer.

I'm figurin' I'll be around Benning at the end of October, so I'll have to go check out Hog Rock and Ft Mitchell just to see if you guys have any taste in the South.

I did notice a BBQ joint a couple of blocks away from the LaQuinta I stayed at on Macon Rd...is that the one you're talkin' about Ranger Silverback?! I should've went, but I got talked into Chinese food instead -- my Ranger loves to "cheese" as we call it.
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Boudicca wrote:I'm going to be in 2nd Bat territory on Memorial Day...and no good BBQ, except one place? Blasphemy! Guess I'm going to have to make it to Lockhart this summer.

I'm figurin' I'll be around Benning at the end of October, so I'll have to go check out Hog Rock and Ft Mitchell just to see if you guys have any taste in the South.

I did notice a BBQ joint a couple of blocks away from the LaQuinta I stayed at on Macon Rd...is that the one you're talkin' about Ranger Silverback?! I should've went, but I got talked into Chinese food instead -- my Ranger loves to "cheese" as we call it.
Boudicca,
You made it through tax season I see.
Dang you're up here Memorial Day, Elle has a family gathering won't be able to make the Ranch and many of the other ladies from ArmyRanger.com will be down at the Ranch; and I was looking forward to meeting up wth you all...... this makes that difficult now doesn't it. Need to win the lotto and buy me a plane. Jenny

oops off on a tangent, now back to Best BBQ program.
Jenny

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Boudicca wrote:I'm going to be in 2nd Bat territory on Memorial Day...and no good BBQ, except one place? Blasphemy! Guess I'm going to have to make it to Lockhart this summer.

No, in order to get to macon road BBQ you need to head away from town out past TJ max.

http://www.maconroadbbq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.maconroadbbq.com/page5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Directions)

The HOT BBQ sauce is AWESOME!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

Silverback wrote:No, in order to get to macon road BBQ you need to head away from town out past TJ max.

http://www.maconroadbbq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.maconroadbbq.com/page5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Directions)

The HOT BBQ sauce is AWESOME!
Thank you for the link, I'll definitely try 'er out!
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

RangerX wrote:

I've been there. Had a full rack, half wet half dry. Pretty good, but not my favorite.
Ranger x / Pocket Kings: Is it worth it to shell out 99 bucks to try them?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Bravo57 wrote:
RangerX wrote:

Ranger x / Pocket Kings: Is it worth it to shell out 99 bucks to try them?
Not in my opinion. I went while in Collierville, TN on a project. The 30 minute drive was worth it, but $99? No way.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”